We're looking for a Group Indirect Tax Manager to join us in Hammersmith, UK
- An international advisory role to manage the indirect tax position of the Liberty Global (LG) group, including the UK & NL Corporate entities.
- To provide indirect tax advice to the business and input into specific strategic and M&A group projects and transactions
- Support high growth businesses in the portfolio with indirect tax aspects of their operations
- To assist in delivering an optimised and best practice approach to VAT across the LG group
What will you be doing?
- Providing support and advice to the European business affiliates and UK & NL Corporate entities regarding day-to-day indirect tax matters in order to minimise risk and optimise the VAT position, including supporting in relation to indirect tax audits and controversies
- Managing the VAT group registrations for the UK & NL corporate entities, including periodic review of entity activities, and review of relevant entity formations, name changes or liquidations
- Providing support to the high growth businesses in the portfolio, helping them with day-to-day matters, optimising their VAT position and sharing VAT updates and strategic opportunities with relevant finance teams
- Providing practical and commercial support and VAT technical analysis on relevant projects and transactions, including M&A activity, operational finance initiatives, centralisation of services and business activities and new products, in order to optimise the VAT position.
- Assisting in identifying, evaluating and developing strategies to ensure the VAT position of the LG group is optimised. Work collaboratively with the affiliates and other LG corporate departments to implement these strategies in a commercial and pragmatic way
- Advising and assisting in optimising the indirect tax position (including TWC/VAT cycle) of the corporate entities and where appropriate, the affiliates considering both VAT risk management and cash savings
- Advising , and optimising, the VAT position in relation to inter-company charges between the LG group head offices in US, UK and NL
- Advising on the VAT and duty implications of cross-border movements of goods within the group including import/export involving UK and EU countries
- Working collaboratively with the wider VAT team; share knowledge and experience to ensure relevant VAT risks and opportunities are considered fully and appropriately in the wider LG group context.
- Assist, manage and leading on tax authority enquiries/audits across the LG footprint in an effective and timely manner working with advisors and internal teams, as appropriate. Lead dialogue with the tax authorities, as appropriate.
- Inputting into the VAT awareness of the affiliates and relevant teams within the LG group.
We tend to look for people with:
- Professional Finance qualification
- Specific knowledge: UK indirect taxes (EU indirect taxes desirable)
- Experience: Strong VAT experience in the following areas - Telecoms sector (desirable), Trade Working capital management, cross border movement of goods/services, VAT aspects of holding and finance companies
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase 5 more
- Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Calm app, personal medical, critical illness cover and dental insurance
- Matched pension contribution up to 10%
- Access to our car benefit scheme
- Access to our online learning platform to continue to develop and grow your career with us
- The chance to join an innovative, fast-paced and passionate team
Who we are:
We're building Tomorrow's Connections Today, bringing people together through the power of our technology.
Liberty Global is a world leader in converged broadband, video and mobile communications and an active investor in cutting-edge infrastructure, content and technology ventures.
With our investments in fibre-based and 5G networks we play a vital role in society, currently providing over 85 million fixed and mobile connections and rolling out the next generation of products and services, while readying our networks for 10 Gbps and beyond.
We're creating national champions, combining the best broadband and mobile networks under brands such as Virgin Media-02 in the UK, VodafoneZiggo in The Netherlands, Telenet in Belgium, Sunrise in Switzerland, Virgin Media in Ireland and UPC in Slovakia.
Liberty Global Ventures, our global investment arm, has a portfolio of more than 75 companies and funds across content, technology and infrastructure, including strategic stakes in ITV, Univision, Plume, Lionsgate and the Formula E racing series.
Our scale enables us to transfer knowledge and expertise across our operations and investments, creating a dynamic family of brands united in the pursuit of innovation and excellence.
And we're prioritising diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and communities, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are using technology as a force for good; for our people, our partners and the planet.
Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. We're 100% committed to having a workforce that represents every part of our society. So we're keen to hear from candidates of all background and circumstances.