** Bookkeeper / Accountant **
IMMEDIATE START & INTERVIEWS
- Salary upto £40k
- Office hours are 9-5 Mon-Thurs, and 9-4 on Fridays.
- Full Time Office Based role
- Free onsite parking
Our SME client based in Cranleigh, Surrey is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper / Accountant.
Working in a small office you will need to have strong IT skills and ability to manage data. You should be a confident communicator to deal independently with clients and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. An organised and flexible approach to work, with the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues.
- Accounts payable and receivable, using our accounting software (Quickbooks)
- Credit control (managing payments, receipts, expenses and adjustments)
- Prepare Payroll, Pension and VAT submission
- Daily financial entries and reconciliations, invoicing and report generation
- Monthly accounts to send to external accounting firm
- Assisting colleagues if required with order processing and despatch
- Enter all purchase invoices on to QuickBooks accounting system ready for the accountant to oversee
- Chase up outstanding receipts
- General office / admin tasks to support the team
- Answer busy office phone liaising with clients and suppliers
Formal qualifications are not required, although bookkeeping qualifications would be desirable. The successful candidate will be proficient in QuickBooks, all Microsoft packages and be familiar with HMRC requirements for payroll.
A-Level or equivalent (preferred) or higher, CIMA qualification advantageous. Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Tate is committed to promoting equal opportunities. To ensure that every candidate has the best experience with us, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments we can make during the application or interview process. Your comfort and accessibility are our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Additionally, we value and respect your individuality, and we invite you to share your preferred pronouns in your application.