Finance Manager | New Hall Hospital | Full Time 37.5 Hours
We are looking for a full time Finance Manager to take day to day responsibility for the finance function at New Hall Hospital, Salisbury. New Hall Hospital in Salisbury is a beautiful Grade II Listed Building, which has undergone a significant development, with new modern Theatres, Day Surgery, Outpatients, Radiology, Physiotherapy and Inpatient Wards. New Hall Hospital is now one of the busiest spinal hospital in the UK. Ramsay Health Care UK is part of a global hospital operating group and is now the 4th largest provider of private health care in the world. Key responsibilities will include
The successful candidate will also
- Overall leadership responsibility for the Finance, Business Office and Bookings functions. Lead the teams to successfully deliver high volumes of activity ensuring KPI's are met and delivering safe patient pathways.
- Support the NHS contract management process, liaising closely with the CCG and trust teams, attending quarterly review meetings and participating in contract negotiation.
- Performing as an active member of the hospital Senior Leadership Team
- Providing commercial appraisal / support to the Hospital Director and Senior Leadership Team.
- Partnering with business leaders to assess the effectiveness of processes and the ongoing profitability of clinical procedures
- The production of monthly management accounts, financial reports and other required reports within Company guidelines.
- Preparing and reviewing the monthly finance pack / balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all reconciling items are investigated and corrected / adjusted as appropriate
- Preparation and appraisal of budget, financial cases for capital expenditure requests, completing, reviewing and monitoring all post investment reviews to assess performance against assumptions
- Reviewing debtor, stock and creditor account/ledgers to ensure targets are being met and cash flow is maximised.
- Reviewing and producing interim forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans
- Actively seek to find margin improvement opportunities across hospital operational performance
- Support the Senior Leadership Team to manage and improve labour costs efficiency and resource management
- Participate in regional projects to drive efficiency across the organisation
In return we offer
- Demonstrate a willingness to work positively within a team to achieve team goals and excellence in service delivery
- Demonstrate creative and innovate leadership in line with Corporate responsibility principles and the Ramsay Way Vision and Values
- Have a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Ideally have knowledge of the NHS PbR rules, reconciliation process and Standard Contract
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel with knowledge of SAP
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A positive proactive approach to continuous improvement
- Experience of managing a team
- An ability to work under pressure and to cope with change
For an informal discussion contact - Rachael Lousley - Commercial Accountant on 07775 938360 or Sharon Ash - Hospital Director on 07493 047808.About Us
- Competitive salary dependent upon skills and experience
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Ongoing training and development
New Hall Hospital in Salisbury is a beautiful Grade II Listed Building with new modern Theatres, Day Surgery, Outpatients, Radiology, Physiotherapy and Inpatient Wards. New Hall Hospital is now the second busiest spinal hospital in the UK.
Ramsay Health Care UK is part of a global hospital operating group and is now the 4th largest provider of private health care in the world. If you are excited about pushing your ability to the next level, whilst at the same time becoming part of a friendly team renowned for excellence and exceptional patient satisfaction then New Hall Hospital is for you.
We are a progressive and caring facility and support the Ramsay vision "People caring for People". We know our people are our greatest asset, our business is growing and we would like you to join us.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all.