We are now inviting applications for the position of Assistant Accountant within the Finance Department, based at Fitzwilliam Hospital in Peterborough.Key responsibilities will include:
Technical Skills & Application
- Production of timely and accurate statistical and financial information
- Timely completion of required reports, audits and month end reconciliations
- Processing of month end journals such as accruals and prepayments
- Provide information and support to hospital departments, managers and staff as required
- Provide hands on support to the billing team when required and play a key role in monitoring and improving revenue capture processes.
- Provide support and improve cross departmental working in relation to finance and administration.
- Support the Finance Manager with NHS contract reporting, billing and reconciliation.
- Monitor aged debt reports and provide credit control support.
- Liaise with Central Finance Function on matters such as fixed asset registers, purchase ledger and payroll where required.
- Responsible for maintaining all documentation and records that are required for audit purposes.
We can offer:
- A good understanding of accounting processes and procedures, including double entry bookkeeping
- Confident in using Microsoft Office and computerised accounting software
- Intermediate Excels skills to include pivot tables, basic formulas and V-Lookups
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- Able to work under pressure and meet monthly deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated Customer Service skills
- AAT Qualified or studying towards an accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Salary dependent on skills and experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Fully funded CIMA/ACCA study options available to the right candidate
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Insurance (after 6 month qualifying period)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- On-going training and development
- Free car parking
Ramsay Health Care UK is a well-established global hospital group with over 50 years' experience. We are a global provider operating in 11 countries with 77,000 staff who treat 8 million patients each year. It is well respected within the healthcare industry and is one of the leading providers of independent hospital services in England. We are well known for our strong, long-standing relationship with the NHS.
We love people with a positive, "can do" attitude who want to make a difference in their work. "Our employees are Ramsay." The skills and commitment of our employees forms the basis for our success.
We are able to support training and development to our employees, to deliver a high standard of clinical care whilst ensuring patient safety, dignity and confidentiality. We are a progressive and caring facility and support the Ramsay vision "People caring for People". We know our people are our greatest asset, our business is growing and we would like you to join us. "The Ramsay Way" culture recognises that people - staff and doctors - are Ramsay Health Care's most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
We are proud of our 'Speak Up for Safety' programme and ensure that the patient is at the heart of everything we do. Join us and have more 'Time to Care'.
Alternatively apply via www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
We value your application and welcome any questions you may have prior to applying. Please be advised that we reserve the right to close our advertisements prior to the announced closing date to ensure a quality recruitment process.