Vacancy: Customer Account Manager (Commercial) (FTC) Closing Date:
4th February 2024 Interview Date:
12th February 2024
£32,948.94 About Newport City Homes:
Newport City Homes (NCH) has a significant presence in Southeast Wales. We have a responsibility to make sure our customers, communities and colleagues are given opportunities to grow and succeed as we respond to the significant challenges ahead.
Here at NCH, our true responsibility is to ensure that we create an environment that is equal and fair for all, but this does not mean simply treating everyone the same. Equality and diversity are about promoting and accepting the things that distinguish us from each other. Being inclusive means that we ensure that we are receptive and adaptive to the needs of everyone.
As an employer we want everyone to feel supported, valued and treated with respect and kindness, this touches on every aspect of who we are as an association and is one of the cornerstones of how we work. That is why inclusion is one of our values and why we are building our systems, processes and actions around positively promoting a sense of belonging.
As a housing provider our ambition is to provide an excellent customer experience, we want to grow and develop our homes and communities and to be agile and innovative in our approach to solving problems and making decisions. We have three strategic commitments that cut across all our activities and decisions and collectively they enable us to achieve our NCH Strategy 2025, by ensuring we make joined up decisions and choices that make the best use of our resources, have the greatest combined impact, and make a positive difference. We are also at an exciting part of our journey, where we are exploring a merger with Melin Homes. This is a great time to join us as we develop these opportunities for our customers, communities, and colleagues. About the vacancy
We are looking for a driven individual who has experience of delivering high-quality customer service with a focus on value for money and putting customers at the heart of everything you do. You will have sound numeracy skills and a keen attention to detail with a passion for continuous improvement and a high-level of accuracy. As the Customer Account Manager (Commercial) you will:
- Deliver high quality, customer focussed and responsive income management services to NCH customers whilst promoting value for money.
- Manage accounts across different tenures including shared ownership, private rental, Rent to Own and commercial and residential leasehold.
- Work flexibly and creatively with customers to maximise income whilst supporting customers to sustain their contracts and leases.
- Use data to identify customers most at risk of getting into debt, and work with colleagues and partners to provide information, support, and guidance to prevent debt from arising.
- Pro-actively collect and recover all income and charges owed by current and former customers, maximising opportunities to negotiate positive outcomes to support our target of zero evictions.
- Take legal action and represent NCH at court or tribunal should the need arise, ensuring all legal paperwork is completed to a high standard to apply for possession proceedings. You will attend evictions / forfeitures as required.
If you have a background in income and dealing with commercial properties, this could be the role for you. This role is also available as a development role if you think you have relevant transferable skills
If you are still reading, why not take a look at the attached recruitment pack for more information?
For further information about the role, please contact Application Process:
We require an application form to be completed for every role.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV's will be treated as a direct application. Your NCH, our comprehensive benefits package:
We believe NCH is a great place to work and it is important to us that our people feel the same way.
As well as offering varied and fulfilling careers, we want every colleague to feel appreciated.
That means having the best possible benefits package, the flexibility to maintain a great work-life balance and the opportunity to achieve your full potential. Enhanced Pension Scheme:
We operate two pension schemes, one with Aviva Pensions, and one with the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). Aviva Pensions is a defined contribution pension scheme. LGPS is a defined benefit pension scheme with generous employer contribution values. You may be able to transfer in any other pension you have within your first year of service. Enhanced Annual Leave:
You'll start on 25 days annual leave (+ Bank Holidays) which would increase to 30 days following three years' service. Agile Working Policy
NCH work with the philosophy that 'work is something you do rather than somewhere you go. Sabbatical Leave Policy:
An opportunity to apply for up to 12 months of sabbatical leave once you have worked with us for 3 years. Allowing you to finish writing that book or taking time to tick a few destinations off your bucket list!Social Events Committee
Subsidized events available for colleagues and their families to attend! Examples of trips include Drayton Manor, Legoland, and buses to visit Christmas Markets in London and Birmingham! Health and Wellbeing:
We have many health and wellbeing policies and initiatives such as Cycle to Work, Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption and Sick leave.Recognition Awards:
We run a colleague led recognition award which encourages colleagues to recognize the achievements of their peers and celebrate the fantastic work we have carried out over the past 12 months. Development:
We offer many professional and personal development options such as paying for professional membership, sponsored study opportunities and career progression and development.
NCH strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Our Values
- Active - We take action and get things right first time
- Collaborative - We work hard to earn the trust of customers and colleagues
- Inclusive - We celebrate our differences and embrace diversity in people and ideas
- Trusted - Individually we're good, but together we're great