The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is committed to enabling a sustainable future. Our unmatched science unlocks immense possibilities at the molecular level, driving sustainable and measurable results to help the world Move Cleaner, Create Smarter and Live Better. Our solutions are used by people every day, improving billions of lives around the world.
We value diversity in professional backgrounds and life experiences. By enabling a consistent, unbiased, and transparent recruitment process, Lubrizol seeks to create a positive experience for candidates so we can get to know them at their best. We recognize unique work and life situations and offer flexibility, ensuring our employees feel engaged and fulfilled in every aspect of life.Purpose
- Lead the HSE&S activities in order to assure that the operations remain in compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies & standards and RCMS requirements.
- Drive the process of continuous improvement of performance in the field of HSE&S.
Communication / contacts
- Maintain the company's right granted by the community to operate the plant by assuring compliance with regulations.
- Prevent financial losses caused by incidents that result in lost labor time, property damage, fines or any other loss caused by lack of prevention.
Dimensions & context
- Internal contacts with:
- All managers and co-workers for advice on HS&E issues/improvements.
- External contacts with:
- Fire Brigade
- HS&E Consultancy
- Neighbouring factories
- Chemical federation
- Operating HS&E budget
- Number of employees supervised
- Employees on site
- Contractors on site
- Regulatory classification of the site
- Operations covered by Seveso: Yes/No
Expertise / Knowledge / Skills
- Monitor Operations run in Compliance with Regulatory HSE&S Requirements
- Comply with all Duties imposed to this Position by the Regulators
- Develop and Support Implementation of Programs that improve Performance in the field of HSE&S
- Keep Senior Management abreast of changing HSE&S Regulations that will affect the Business significantly
- Manage the HSE&S Budget
- Implementation Plant Procedures in compliance with Company Policies and Standards of Care
Job-specific behavioural competencies (PDI)
- Bachelor degree in Science, Chemistry,
- Additional degree in Safety
- Additional degree in Environmental Management
- Good knowledge of HS&E regulations
- Technical background and knowledge of the processes
- Minimum 3 years of experience in process-industry
- Results Oriented
- Open Communication
- Building Relationships
If you’re interested in the position, we encourage you to apply. Lubrizol is always looking for candidates who embody our cultural beliefs in everything they do. If you’re All In, Lead Decisively, Take Action, Think External, and can Be Courageous, Lubrizol could be the place for you.