Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
The position is a critical role for the EMEA Corporate Finance team.
The opportunity is for a Managing Director to take on full management responsibility for the ratings team covering a portfolio of mainly UK Leverage Finance and Investment grade credits. In addition this position offers the opportunity to serve as the most senior EMEA spokesperson for MIS Leveraged Finance, working in tandem with leaders in other regions or rating groups.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a combined team of up to twenty analysts based in London. The focus of this team is to provide an insightful credit analysis, to ensure rating accuracy and respond to investors inquiries across a diversity of corporate sectors, for which the London team may play a global or regional coordination role. The candidate will be responsible for the team’s achievement of these objectives.This role has full management authority for decisions impacting the team and will include managing two or more Associate Managing Directors.
As a Leveraged Finance expert, this opportunity will also involve being a key spokesperson for Moody’s on the topic and engaging on selective interaction with large investors, issuers, intermediary and private equity stakeholders. This is a very visible role both internally and externally where you will be able to be decisive, strategic and to garner extensive credibility. Furthermore, this position presents the rare opportunity to pioneer the LevFin component of our groundbreaking Private Credit initiative. Key Responsibilities
- Take thought leadership initiatives including the MIS leveraged finance strategy, enhance our analytics, operational efficiency and impact of our high quality research and outreach
- Work with regional coordinators and managers to ensure analytical consistency through existing discussion forums and communication channels
- Provide support to analytical teams in assessing complex transactions and identify broader analytical trends and structures.
- Develop Moody’s relevance through regular outreach events such as investor briefings, conference participations, intermediary and private Equity sponsor outreach initiatives
- Lead MIS market dialogue with regulatory bodies on leveraged finance-related topics
- Efficiently leverage covenant and recovery (LGD) resources to enhance insights on global LevFin portfolio and update methodologies and assessments as needed
- Provide mentoring and coaching for best practice for internal and external meetings
- Support Ratings & Research management team in hiring team members, identifying training needs and work with analytical teams and Moody’s University to provide relevant training and look for opportunities for knowledge-sharing
- Implement / ensure compliance with regulatory policies and procedures
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience gained from a financial institution, asset management or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent
- Experienced team leader with the ability to efficiently manage a large team of strong analysts
- Proven ability to mentor
- Highly experienced in general Corporate credit risk analysis,and Leverage Finance
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels
- Strong intellect with a high tolerance for complexity and track record in idea generation
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent the Moody’s brand effectively
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc/MBA in relevant areas
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English is essential
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region
- Ability to ensure ongoing self development
Salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. The salary is one component of Moody’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include the following: Medical, Personal Accident, Life Insurance and Time Off.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
For more information on the Securities Trading Program, please refer to the STP Quick Reference guide on ComplianceNet
Please note: STP categories are assigned by the hiring teams and are subject to change over the course of an employee’s tenure with Moody’s.