Apprentice Ledger Clerk
- Reward & Benefits: Starting salary of £12,000 - £15000 depending on age and experience, fully supported Accounts or Finance Assistant apprenticeship and excellent Colleague benefits.
Do you have a head for figures? Are you organised and helpful with great customer service skills? Do you want to join an award winning company that adds real value to society? If so, we have a great opportunity for you to gain a recognised qualification, earn a salary, and build your career in finance.
About the role
We are looking for an Apprentice Ledger Clerk, based at our Head Office, Ringwood to assist our Accounts and Ledger team with a variety of duties, to develop your Accounting career path.
We are equipped to train you in order to develop your accounting skills; you will expand your Accounting related and knowledge through practical work within a functioning Accounts performing Finance department alongside, whilst also studying an accounting for your apprenticeship and AAT qualification.
You will be supported to provide efficient and timely recordings of ledger transactions for the company and the group, undertaking duties such as processing invoices, statement reconciliations, payment runs and dealing with supplier queries.
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday, 9am - 5.30pm and Fridays 9am - 5pm.
We are Churchill Retirement Living, the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house building sector and we're looking for people like you.
We're family-owned business and we're going places. We're proud of what we do, and the people we work with. We have ambitious growth plans for the future, now employing over 700 people and growing all the time.
We pride ourselves on building beautiful, quality, purpose-built one and two bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Developments are designed to take away all the hassle and fears that can be experienced by older people and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
We've won a host of awards; most recently we have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the 13th Best Company to Work For and became the first ever retirement living specialist to have been named overall 'Housebuilder of the Year' by the WhatHouse? Awards.
This is a busy role providing internal customer facing support and administrative assistance to the finance team. To be successful you will need:
- An interest in accounts and enjoy working with numbers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A can do, positive and helpful attitude
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise your workload
- To enjoy working as part of a team
- A willingness to learn and take onboard feedback
- A high level of attention to detail
- A grade B\6 or higher in your GCSE Maths. And ideally studied a Maths, Economics or Business studies at A-level
- A grade C\4 or higher in your GCSE English
- Good IT skills and be comfortable using Microsoft Office such as Excel and Word.
How you'll be rewarded
- Starting Salary of £12,000 - £15000 depending on age and experience
- Annual holiday entitlement - 24 days + Bank Holidays
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Health Screening
- Life Assurance
- Day off on your birthday
- Gain Industry recognised AAT accounting qualification
We have Excellent Colleague benefits including:
- Ongoing investment into your personal development
- Training Courses and Professional Memberships paid
- Colleague well-being initiatives and ambassadors
- Peer recognition programme
- Colleague referral bonus
- Access to Employee Assistance programme
- Eyecare reimbursement
- Land introduction bonus
- Friends & family discount against the cost of a new Churchill apartment
- Charitable match-funding programme for Colleagues wishing to raise money for their chosen charities
Join the Churchill family and be part of an ambitious and successful business who value and appreciate their people. Apply today!