Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
MUFG has a developing and thriving Transaction Banking business, headquartered in Tokyo, and spanning
all continents. Transaction Banking Office for EMEA (incorporating Europe, Middle East and Africa) forms
part of MUFG's Global Transaction Banking Division.
Our key responsibilities are to drive regional business and support global and regional customers with
Transaction Banking solutions in Cash and Liquidity Management, Trade and Working Capital, Foreign
Exchange through a comprehensive suite of proprietary and 3rd party digital channels. We support our local and international cash management services for our Corporate, FI and NBFI client base.
Transaction Banking EMEA, consists of Trade, Working Capital, Cash and Liquidity Management solutions for our chosen client base and comprises of product, sales, implementation, client services and business and planning and risk functions.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role requires a tenured VP (minimum of 7-10 years track record at VP level), which encompasses E2E Product Life Cycle management, product P&L management, risk, compliance and conduct management of digital channels for cash and trade finance management, from a proprietary and 3rd party platform provider. This requires a strong VP candidate who has always acted as a client-facing channel, client-side ERP / TMS integration solution specialist in pre-scoping, RFP and post mandate advisory function.
This role owns the end to end life cycle management of the core solutions for UK, Europe & MENA of:
Proprietary E-banking: the MUFG proprietary global electronic banking platform, Comsuite, and it's applications for accounts visibility, payment initiation, authorisation and execution (GCMS+); Cash flow forecasting (CFF), Comsuite FX (Spot FX (single, bulk settlement and FX Netting application); all industry reporting on the channel.
Proprietary Host to Host & Swift: MUFG host to host solution, GPH represents a direct integration between MUFG and our clients ERP, TMS or other financial application; applicable industry reporting standard on the channel
SWIFT direct connectivity in fin/fileact across Swift direct & Alliance / Lite models; score contracting, in addition to client solutioning.
Industry 3rd party platforms for cash management and trade finance:. MUFG also interacts with our clients through 3rd party platforms for cash management, trade finance (Bolero, Komgo, GTC, Mitigram) and Markets (deposits, FX, repo, incl Kyriba, 360T, FXall, Refinitiv); Salesforce
Compliance with all industry-required reporting for e.g. camt, cybersecurity standards; operational resilience and available contingencies and ensuring together with TB product, that Channel COTs are updated and interoperable with MUFG approved currency COTs.
Detailed working fluency across 3rd party specialist ERP/ TMS applications used by core corporate clients include SAP / S4Hana; Bellin / TIS / Oracle / Kyriba / Salesforce is expected through experience in integration; continuous improvement in new integration points & partners, configuration into cloud-based models; micro-services strategies.
Industry and regulation expertise: The role requires a strong working knowledge of regulatory and industry change, from a perspective of how channels, client/ bank integration, testing & client usage of data, actionable insights and risk are changing;
Good working knowledge of industry change around migration of ISO20022; PSDII, open banking integration solutions; real time financial crime solutions, API developments in private/public collaboration.
Demonstrated fluency of industry initiatives around ERP / TMS convergence; ERP cloud migration; nextgen file integration & actionable analytics integration between bank and clients is developing. Personal view on the API programmes of work, selection of API-actionable data; testing & rollout out- monetization and regulatory adherence strategy.
Strong technical and commercial product management skills: the ideal candidate will have experience in using data to form, drive & prove business steering for execution, working collaboratively with front office, operations and technology to drive client & MUFG direction, continuous improvement, feedback loops for development, ensuring scalability, automation and profitability improvements for the TB EMEA solution set.
A thorough understanding of global channels in the host to host and direct Swift enablement are critical, gained through personal ownership of the product through recent changes such as migration of clients on/ between channels and onto recent industry solutions such as SEPA migration, instant payments, Request to Pay etc.
The successful candidate should be competent in business case development, mobilising new product development, proposition and requirements generation, and management of product development with technology & operations partners through to successful delivery (in region & HO).
The ability to influence stakeholders to gain commitment to new product developments, investment build outs and client commercialisation plans, and to subsequently gain approvals for launch is critical.
In this role, you will also own & communicate the client / industry / competitive and regulatory landscape to the Global TB teams, Sales, Implementation and Service teams for information, action and continuous improvement.
You should have strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence directly, indirectly, and virtually
across the MUFG network, and be an excellent problem solver who knows how to manage challenges to
timely and effective resolution, escalating and solutioning where required.
Product ownership & business steering of proprietary and 3rd party digital channels comprising of
- Proprietary e-banking: Comsuite overall platform, containing GCMS+ for accounts and payments visibility, authorisation & execution; Comsuite FX (FX Netting, Spot FX trading in single & bulk); Cash Flow Forecasting & Trade Manager
- Host to Host: MUFG proprietary GPH solution;
- Swift: Direct integration: fin/fileact in Direct & Alliance / Lite models; score contract negotiations.
- 3rd party platforms used in bidding, pricing and transaction distribution / execution for TB solutions in cash management, Trade Finance and Markets, namely Mitigram, GTC, Bolero etc.
- Compliance with industry-required reporting for e.g. camt, cybersecurity standards; operational resilience and available, that Channel COTs are updated and interoperable with MUFG approved currency COTs.
- MUFG integration roadmap across other non-TB owned platforms using fin/fileact, namely SCF, Receivables financing applications such that Comsuite Trade manager becomes the entry for all client TF transactions
- Vendor process management from TB perspective- introduction, internal business case & take to market, & profitability strategies- KPI definition in stakeholder universe & key accountable team to ensure vendor alignment & delivery to client satisfaction is being monetized.
Demonstrate active product life cycle management through delivery of monthly MIS (front to back alignment from Sales to GOP); annual 3LOD assessments of products, demonstrating that these are Fit for Purpose, fit for Growth and Fit for Sale as per TB Product Programmes, country addenda; Risk, Conduct frameworks etc.
Product income & cost budget, pricing governance ownership of the above products.
- Own the TB EMEA Channel Fees, Commission from a TB EMEA booked basis.
- Manage the direct and indirect cost budget on a booked basis where applicable
- Ownership, maintain and review of product pricing and adherence to the regional deal review and pricing policy for TB EMEA.
Product Development/Product Change
- Execute regional deployment of global cash product developments / functionalities with global/ local change of TBD / Systems IT team. Ensure timely deliveries on agreed strategy.
- Annual review of client-facing product documentation, country addendum, Master T&Cs to ensure its reflective of current & future market conditions.
- Develop new products / features as demanded by clients/the market including creation of product policy, product processes, liaison with front, middle and back office stakeholders, before completing NPA governance
- Adding functionality to access markets, connect to global markets and 3rd party platforms as approved through the Product Approval Governance.
E2E Product Process Accountability
- Creation & maintenance of full end to end process maps for every product in the appropriate product operating manual.
- Continuous Improvement: Periodic (1 years) review of every end to end process with all teams who touch the process, and project management of any suggested improvements.
- Work with Operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition; drive for QoQ improvement in core agreed KPIs.
- An annual periodic review of product profitability (revenue vs costs) for each product.
- Project management of projects to improve product profitability (lobbying of capital policy owners to change treatment or redesign of product to lower capital or operational costs).
- Work with TB Head to embed TB profitability data into the CFO team through Client / Product Matrix / one MUFG MIS programmes.
Regulatory & Business Risk / Own e2e product risk (oversee regulatory, conduct and operational risks as they relate to Product)
- Management of risks and issues as they are identified by product, country stakeholders e.g. system/process failure; regulatory change. Manage the TB business impact assessment for channels as a result of industry change) inputs to the Regulatory Programme's Change agenda such as ISO20022, PSD2, SEPA 2023 rulebook changes, MUFG API Change programme to ensure timely compliance
- Understand PRA, FCA, Bafin regulatory requirements in relation to TB products and ensure ongoing compliance with them, instigating mitigating actions and product changes and programmes as required
- Ensure timely escalation and contribution of risks identified into the TB RAF, and documentation through Open Pages. Demonstrate a personal commitment to speak up / listen up culture for TB by encouraging and debate SIIs through the TB RAF fora
- Preparation of an annual 3LOD for each product family to ensure compliance with Regulatory best practice and simplification of governance for TB MUFG
- Conduct- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across MUFG. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, Group Conduct & culture guidelines.
Named Product Owner for region
- Own and evidence end to end ownership with the creation and maintenance of the product availability grid & operational scalability overlay; product catalogue and pricing policy.
- Be point of contact for queries and challenges from EMEA and Global stakeholders as regards each product.
- Join and contribute to regional and globally led projects/programmes designed to improve the product / profitability / scalability .
- Log key improvement suggestions as they arise, evaluate, prioritise, and deliver agreed improvements.
Product Proposition (Pricing, External Marketing, Internal Awareness)
- Own, maintain and review pricing tariff annually to ensure aligned with market and client expectations.
- Capture competitor intelligence and regulatory information and use it to develop or reinforce our competitive edge, and react to new trends and technology to link those with current offering and impact to clients.
- Solutioning & support on key RFPs and deals for strategic clients and those high-potential names for increasing the TB EMEA wallet penetration. Contribute as senior advisor to strategic deals and thought leader in industry events and wherever necessary to enhance the MUFG brand in the market.
- Oversee/produce/maintain a suite of internal and external marketing material; sales tools for Sales Teams/Coverage.
- Regular webinars and training with Sales, Coverage and Markets to further strengthen connectivity product knowledge.
Product Policy Development/ Maintenance
- Produce and maintain a policy document (product guide) for each product or 'product group'.
- Set adequate product policies to ensure the smooth running of the product.
Production of Regional Product reporting (Statistics & Management Information)
- Produce and maintain (or oversee maintenance of) regular product reporting e.g. volumes, values, revenues, profitability, STP and key stats per product for business steering and for senior mgmt, Head Office and general business use.
- Maintain high level of client contact, including client forums, workgroups, industry events and client meetings to ensure continuous improvement and positioning of MUFG solutions.
- Via external network/industry events maintain a good working knowledge of the latest client and Cash, TF, payments & FX trends for products, channels and transaction management and competitor environment.
- Build partnerships or alliances with vendors to develop thought leadership and complement each other.
Essential for the named product area:
- A minimum of 8-12 years at VP level experience in a GTB product management role, having had direct accountability in regional Product Management team accountable for compliance and institutional embedding of host 2 host channels & swift platforms in particular.
- Track record of individual product management for a direct host to host channel & Swift inclusive of ideation, technical & functional business requirement documentation, target infrastructure & operating model definition (inclusive of trx processing E2E; take to market & KPI commercialisation; client mobilisation & scaling up from volumes, value and margin to the bank perspective.
- Experience individually in integration of 3rd party vendor in either of cash mgmt, trade finance or specialist fintech provider.
- Evidence of having personally lead and managed projects with a structured change management organisation or as a product owner in Transaction Banking.
- Evidence of strong stakeholder management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Strong, technical understanding of European Payments industry (low value, high value, instant payments; interoperability with TFX; industry transformation for ISO standards and reporting changes for MUFG.
- Detailed working fluency across 3rd party specialist ERP/ TMS applications used by core corporate clients include SAP / S4Hana; Bellin / TIS / Oracle / Kyriba / Salesforce is expected through experience in integration; continuous improvement in new integration points & partners, configuration into cloud-based models; micro-services strategies.
- Strong knowledge of end to end Client Implementation especially integration & testing and how to influence client and MUFGs behavior / infrastructure for increased STP, automation and self-service.
- Proven knowledge of current trends and industry developments with regards to digitisation, automation and standardisation of TB solutions, processes and work flow engineering techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (written and spoken)
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines; ability to prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision-making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work with strong problem-solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills, fluency in collating, interpreting and communicating financial, volumetric, margin data for action across diverse teams
- Excellent Microsoft Office, Access database skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.