Finance & Management will provide you with a thorough understanding of management and financial management. You will learn to critically evaluate the macro and micro environment to successfully impact on the management of organisations operating in a global context, especially from a financial perspective.Why this programme?
- You will build on your general business knowledge gained during your undergraduate degree. You will develop a multidisciplinary knowledge base of finance, management and economics to aid with your problem solving and decision making skills to support business management.
- You will develop an in depth understanding into topics not limited to:global business environment, international business strategies, cross-culture management, financial institutions and intermediation, corporate finance and investment management, which is are central to the strategic decision-making and management of contemporary organisations.
- Your analytical, interpretive and critical thinking abilities will be enhanced to enable you to appreciate and manage the opportunities and challenges that businesses face in today’s dynamic business world.
- You will be taught by staff who have international experience across finance, management and economics, enabling you to get a broad understanding of a wide range of factors that affect management in a global context.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about real-life experiences of business executives and analyse real case studies in order to apply theory into practice and think like a business management executive.
- You will be equipped with essential practical, intellectual and transferable skills for careers in financial services, management, business analysis and consultancy.
- We are now partners with Bloomberg Experiential Learning. The ELP program recognises and celebrates academic institutions that are leaders in experiential learning through the integration of Bloomberg terminal exercises into curriculum.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
You will take both core and optional courses and undertake a dissertation. Based on your career plan, your dissertation will allow you to focus on either a financial and economics or management issue.
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Services
- Global Business Environment
- International Strategic Management
- Managing Across Cultures and Comparative Management
- Management Issues and Controversies
- International Business and Entreprenership in Emerging Economies
- International Finance and Money
- Internationalisation of SMES
- Modern Theory of Banking and Finance
- Money, Finance and Growth
Programme alteration or discontinuation
The University of Glasgow endeavours to run all programmes as advertised. In exceptional circumstances, however, the University may withdraw or alter a programme. Career prospects
This programme will equip you for a career in general management or the financial sector for roles such as financial analyst, management consultant or business analysts. Companies which have employed recent graduates include Hangzhou Bank Ltd, Moody’s, The Hackett Group, Heineken and LEGO Systems. We have a dedicated careers and employability team who provide 1-2-1 support and advice, group workshops, employer events on campus and networking opportunities throughout the year to help you with your career prospects.Fees & Funding
Tuition fees for 2023-24:
- UK - Full-time fee: £13,650
- International & EU - Full-time fee: £29,370