From day one, our mission has been to create an independent business with a unique culture - one that is controlled by the people who work for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people has always been key to our success.
People come to Howden Group Holdings for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture. That's what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities - work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, volunteering - you'll find like-minded people driving change at Howden Group.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who will partner with different areas of the business, and work with senior managers to assemble temporary bid teams with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. They will manage an opportunity (which usually comes in form of a Request for Proposal, from qualification through to contract award, Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes.
What will you be doing?
- Executes the Operating Entity strategy within their team , to drive business growth, maximise shareholder value and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks
- Delivers high performance. Meets agreed targets
- Participates in management meetings, as required, reporting on business progress within their area of expertise
- Contributes (when required) to the development of effective operational systems and processes to support the bid management process
- Manages assigned projects and contributes to other project as required
- Provides relevant management information to the senior management team
- Undertakes research to identify potential opportunities/ensure they understand the client's needs
- Manages the bid qualification process
- Works across the Group to obtain inputs from relevant stakeholders or subject matter experts, such as Finance, Legal, Business Risks, Marketing, etc
- Prepares and reviews commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring that all aspects are included in the final proposal to the client and their questions have been fully answered
- Prepares written proposals, presentations, reports and discussion documents
- Manages the bid budget
- Ensures timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understands and resolves complex, technical, strategic and business issues
- Works with their team members to plan the most appropriate solutions for the client's demands and needs
Policy, Process and Procedures:
- Has a strong understanding of the Group's/Operating Policies so that they can address client concerns/questions
- Puts systems in place to ensure that operating procedures/appropriate management controls are in place and adhered to
Environment, Customer Focus and Relationships:
- Represents their business unit/ Operating Entity to major clients
- Introduce clients to other team members and help maintain these relationships
- Behaves with all clients fairly and ethically
- Arranges post bid reviews with clients, post contract award
- Builds and maintains close links with peers, key internal and external stakeholders, working with the business and other functions to share information, promote the adoption of best practices, identify risks and opportunities and deliver business growth
- Remains aware of external, industry and regulatory developments etc., utilising this information to develop appropriate practices that contribute to the identification of opportunities and business growth within their business unit
- Works with marketing and communication experts to develop marketing and communication materials as required, ensuring that the Operating Entity's brand is not compromised and the profile of the Operating Entity is raised.
- Solicits advice and guidance, when appropriate, from their management team
- Responds to the clients(both internal and external) requirements as appropriate
- Behaves with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically
- Shares information that could be beneficial to the Operating Entity/Group
What do we need from you?
- Likely to have previous experience of similar role within Insurance so that they have a good understanding of the industry
- Understands marketing strategy and proposition development
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Confident - able to work with potential clients who operate at a senior level within their organisations
- Commercial skills
- High impact presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Strong personal drive
- Good decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with senior managers and other key stakeholders within their Operating Entity and across the Group to identify sources of expertise
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues/risks
- A team player, able to contribute significantly at a senior level
- Calm and resilient under pressure - able to respond to demanding deadlines
- A levels
- Tertiary (degree) level or relevant professional qualification (CII
What do we offer in return?
A career that you define.
Yes, we offer all the usual rewards and benefits - including great healthcare provision, a wide variety of wellbeing offers, competitive salary, generous pensions and more - but we know you expect all that.
What you might not expect is a job where everyone has a voice, where volunteering in the community is part of the day job, and where everyone is encouraged to play a part towards our sustainability goals. We want people who want to make a difference - not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
Our Culture: People First
We are proud to be at the global table, but we are most proud of our culture. It has been built on a single and constant set of principles over more than 25 years, and it has helped us become:
- An international group with independence and people at its heart
- A home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group. David's vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture; one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden Group Holdings we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Additional Job Details