Operations Executive | Harrow, Middlesex - the office is a short walk from Harrow on the Hill underground and bus stations | Full Time | Competitive salary based on experience | Circa £21,000-£23,000 according to experience
Are you passionate about group travel and making every journey a memorable experience?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Harrow-on-the-Hill-based group travel wholesaler.
With a specific focus on the US, Australian, and European markets; our client specialises in crafting unforgettable experiences for touring groups worldwide, spanning diverse interests such as religious, student, and special interest tours.
With an extensive array of international destinations and services, the team always strives to exceed their clients' expectations.
As an Operations Executive, you'll play a crucial role in orchestrating seamless group tours. Your responsibilities will range from handling bookings to ensuring timely invoicing and payment collection.
A knack for negotiating with suppliers, making hotel reservations, and addressing on-the-road challenges will be essential.
Given the dynamic nature of our business, adaptability and a proactive approach are key attributes our client is looking for.
The employer is seeking individuals who are inherently self-driven and motivated. Their goal is to enable and empower you to excel!Hours of work
Normal working hours are 09:00-17:30 Monday-Friday with 1 hour for lunch.
Some remote working may be required and unsocial hours/weekends are a possibility due to the nature of the business.Are you the right person for the job?
What will your role look like?
- Prior experience in Group Tour Operations, preferably in a B2B environment is essential
- Knowledge of key European & Worldwide travel destinations is a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with the Tourplan system and experience with Tour Managers is a bonus
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail, able to work under pressure
- Language skills (Italian, Spanish, French, German) are advantageous
- Previous experience in Group Hotel Reservations is a plus
What can you expect in return?
- Ensure smooth operations from tour initiation to departure, maintaining a high standard of service
- Manage the entire lifecycle of each group, from booking to invoicing and payment collection
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to clarify any unclear points in new business and programs
- Secure cost-effective services and hotels within budget constraints
- Confirm services promptly and negotiate with suppliers to enhance profitability
- Maintain electronic filing for all correspondence to ensure HMRC compliance
- Assist in resolving on-the-road issues and liaise with Tour Managers as needed
If your CV is shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview. Please note that some interviews may be conducted over Zoom. What's next? It's easy! Click “APPLY” now! We can't wait to hear from you!
- Annual reviews which can lead to becoming involved in sales/training given as necessary
- Following the 3 months probationary period, 20 days annual leave + public holidays
Your data will be handled in line with GDPR.