Circa £35,000 + Benefits
To provide a firm financial platform on which to build further growth, an exciting new opportunity exists for a professional Bookkeeper with strong practice experience to join an ambitious and highly regarded Accountancy firm with an impressive reputation for service excellence.
Our client is no ordinary accounting firm. They're small, yet mighty and seriously passionate about what they do! They're always looking to improve how they work to deliver the best for their people. They'll provide development opportunities for the right candidate to help broaden skills and knowledge.
Providing a varied finance focused support service to a range of businesses across the UK, the successful candidate will be a fully qualified AAT Bookkeeper with at least three years of relevant experience. First-hand knowledge of payroll is desirable, although full training can be provided to applicants who demonstrate a passion for continuous professional development.
Based in Wokingham with flexible working available, the role is offered on a full-time basis. However, applicants looking for part-time hours will also be considered.Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Confidently manage a portfolio of bookkeeping clients comprising primarily of small & medium-sized Limited companies with turnover ranging from £150k to £6m.
- Complete a full range of bookkeeping tasks, from processing receipts & reconciling transactions, to completing payroll journals and preparing client-facing reports.
- Liaise with clients regarding their bookkeeping needs and resolve client queries.
- Prepare, review and file VAT returns.
- Work across a range of accounting software such as; Xero, FreeAgent, Sage, QuickBooks, Dext etc.
- Confidently use Microsoft Office products including Word & Excel.
- Manage bookkeeping tasks in a professional and timely fashion.
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Help train and oversee more junior members of the team if required.
- Work alongside our Payroll Manager to support monthly payrolls across the client base.
- Full UK driving licence preferable, free onsite parking available.
- Strong practice bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency with cloud-based accountancy software
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel user
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and multitask whilst adhering to deadlines
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with clients & colleagues
In return for your hard work the following benefits are on offer:
- 25 holiday days, plus bank holidays
- x2 volunteer days per annum to support a charity of your choice
- Flexible working once you've built up experience
- New business incentive - for any monthly retainer client you find/refer that comes on board
- Training support
- Monthly team lunch
- Casual dress
Our client is about more than just compliance. They want their small business owners to feel supported throughout the year. This is an exciting new opportunity for a knowledgeable Bookkeeper with practice experience to join an ambitious advisory and accountancy firm as they continue to build an impressive reputation for providing a truly client focused service. In return, a competitive, negotiable salary based on experience is available. Apply now!