Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Group Financial Reporting Lead will support the delivery and development of statutory financial accounting and external reporting requirements as well activity to deliver simple, automated process & controls. About DFS
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home and thats just what we do at DFS. Were the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills so you can really find your thing. What you'll be doing
Working with leaders and colleagues across the Finance function and wider business to coordinate and deliver a smooth and well managed reporting and external audit process. With demonstrable experience in delivering corporate reporting to clear timescales and effecting change, you will have the necessary communication skills to build relationships across the group in adopting new and improved ways of working.
The role is for you if...
- Preparation/review of schedules and analysis to support complex accounting entries for e.g. foreign exchange, IFRS 16 property accounting
- Preparation/review of schedules and analysis to support external financial reporting: consolidated and subsidiary statutory accounts and financial information for analyst presentations, ensuring accurate, timely and compliant production
- Coordinate the audit process by managing the audit timetable and liaising with internal and external parties on deliverables
- Preparation of internal management information to support the external presentation to investors.
- Other ad hoc duties associated with external reporting as and when required
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with other Finance team members to ensure joined up approach
- Support the finance and accounting response to potential new business initiatives, transformation, M&A and changes in regulation
- Support the Finance transformation agenda including the development, delivery and embedding of internal routines & controls to protect the Group.
- Strong technical understanding of IFRS and UK corporate reporting
- Experience of external/plc financial reporting, producing consolidated financial statements under IFRS
- Experience of implementing new standards and requirements
- Strong understanding of and rigorous approach to control and reconciliation practices
- Drive for precision and thorough understanding, proactive identification and resolution of variances and errors
- Ability to investigate and understand detailed processes while retaining focus on broader objectives
- Good level of Excel skills
- Clear and professional communicator, both written and verbally
- Strong interpersonal skills; relationship-building and interdepartmental working to support development
- Ability to engage with a wide variety of activities and projects
- Appetite and ability to engage with broader business to understand the drivers of results and use this knowledge to inform and enhance financial reporting
- Proven ability to drive change and continuous improvement in pragmatic manner
- ACA qualified (or ACCA)
- Open Accounts knowledge would be an advantage
- Competitive salary
- Company car/car allowance of £6,000
- Bonus of up to 15% (based on company & personal performance)
- Eligible for the Group restricted share plan
- Private medical insurance (family cover)
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary
- Critical illness
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme with 4% company contribution