The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal. L'Oréal UKI Finance Mission
Sharing finance excellence with all.
We develop our people, processes and systems to be recognised as trusted business partners.
We empower decision making through robust controls, impactful analysis and innovative solutions.
We protect the assets and equity of the Group, contributing to sustainable growth.You will
Be responsible for supporting the division to deliver the budgeted Net Sales target. The Commercial Controller will act as a business partner to support the Commercial Team through budget management and a strong focus on internal control and return on investment, making sure we allocate investments accurately and correctly. The following are a identified list of requirements for this role:
- To assist the Commercial Team in maximising profitable sales opportunities and monitoring of the commercial P&L evolution in order to promote optimal decision making within the business
- Provide Financial support and guidance to Commercial Teams
- Identify and inform Financial Controller of Commercial risks & opportunities
- Prepare monthly Financial and Management Reporting to Divisional & Corporate Management as well as to Head Office in Paris
- Ensure sales teams comply with promotional accrual processes and raise provisions using SAP
- Preparation of key commercial reports including customer P&L’s and stock analysis
- Ad hoc projects to improve controls / reporting
- Manage the commercial balance sheet
- Create financial trends and budgets in line with brand strategy
- Ensure controls are maintained in line with L'Oréal's group standards and support with year end external audit
- Provide ad hoc analysis on specific topics of focus for brand and division management
- Ideally qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) or equivalent
- Organised: You have a list and have strong planning and organisation skills - with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
- Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
- Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
- Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
- Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
- Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
- Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
- You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding rigour and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential as the role involves close liaison with the Sales team
- Experience preferably within a consumer driven and fast past sales environment
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly numerate - strong analytically and good commercial acumen
- Flexibility for an international career is desired but not essential
- Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
- Financial knowledge and experience in managing a P&L, expansion analysis, sales forecasts
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and play a vital role in the success of our company. We are committed to offering you a package that is fair, competitive, and equitable to help support you to do what you love most, achieve your goals and become the best version of yourself. Our range of optional benefits include money-saving offers and exclusive discounts, in addition to health & wellbeing support, development opportunities, flexibility, and leave entitlements. This includes access to private medical and dental insurance, enhanced pension, 25 days annual leave increasing after 3 years’ service, an online staff shop with up to 60% off products, access to incredible trainings and monthly talks, enhanced family leave provisions as well as up to 4 weeks paid fertility leave. We also have app partnerships with Thrive for mental health and Peppy Menopause support and an employee assistance programme available to all employees for if and when you need it. How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.