The business is looking to bolster the fund and hire someone to work alongside another Investment Manager as a team of two. They need an individual who can confidently and autonomously execute a number successful, well considered, exciting investment opportunities.
The business is ideally looking for an individual with a background in big tech or tech start ups. Strong technical accumen with machine learning or AI tools, with a combination of operational and investments experience is highly desirable.
Deal sourcing and execution:
- Work with the existing team to develop venture investment / sector thesis’, keeping abreast of AI trends across various industries.
- Sourcing investment deals through established and new relationships.
- Conduct technical due diligence, leveraging your technical expertise.
- Organize additional internal due diligence process, leveraging AI/ML/technology expertise within the business
- Negotiate term sheets and investment offers.
- Co-ordinate deal execution with existing venture team members, in-house legal and finance teams.
Portfolio management (Ventures and Strategic Investments):
- Working closely with the leadership of portfolio companies on business strategy, operations, and growth.
- Attending board meetings as an observer.
- Connecting companies to experts within and outside of the business.
- Assisting with next stage fundraising or exits (connecting to investors, validating materials).
- Tracking exercise of any investments involving optionality, such as convertible notes or warrants preparing summaries or recommendations for the Investment Committee.
- Obtaining key performance metrics for internal monthly Operating Committee.
- Must have a top tier degree from a reputable university (in a related field is desirable)
- Minimum of 2/3 years experience in a highly technical role (this could be from a range of disciplines such as data science, machine learning/AI investments, early stage scale up investor etc)
- The successful hire will ideally have a blend of technical and investments expertise and will be able to advise businesses on ML strategy/platform build-outs, with the commercial acumen necessary to scale.
- Must be a very effective communicator and able to build relationships with a range of senior individuals up to and including board level.