At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds - an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's EMEA Shared Service Centre is the home to the financial, tax and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our European Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The UK Center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing and managing key accounting and reporting activities for specific labels/affiliates.
Here you'll get to:
- Record transactions across multiple P&L lines including revenue, product costs, overheads, fixed assets and more
- Calculate accruals and prepayments to ensure the P&L is accurate
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations so that the balance sheet is fully reconciled with zero tolerance for unknown items
- Complete period-end close activities accurately and by set deadlines, including calculating and posting journals and variance analysis
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Work closely with local affiliates to ensure all revenues and costs are captured correctly and any variance to budget can be explained
- Ensure other external reporting requirements (e.g. ONS submissions) are completed accurately and on a timely basis
- Produce all data requested by the tax team to ensure corporate tax deadlines, VAT deadlines and payroll tax deadlines (P11D and PSA) are met
- Support any internal and external audit inquiries
- Possess strong attention to detail and ensure thoughtful, thorough, error-free deliverables
- Experience working in an office environment, preferably in a finance related role, or newly qualified from a degree
- Studying, or desire to begin studying for ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Strong work-ethic and a self-starter who proactively seeks out new solutions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise projects working well under pressure
- Detail oriented?
We'd love it if you also had:
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience in a Shared Services environment
- Music industry experience a plus
- Experience working in a SOX controlled environment
- Experience conducting internal & external audits
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX - the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways - and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) - the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the "Apply" link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.