Job DescriptionJP Morgan& Chase Co. - Credit Risk Associate - Corporates - MBA / CA
About Commercial Banking Risk India:
The Commercial Banking Risk India is part of the Credit Risk function for Commercial Bank at J.P. Morgan.Role:
Associate for conducting a thorough credit analysis of corporate clients in Underwriting Center team in Commercial Banking division - North America
Required Qualifications, capabilities and skills : MBAs (with Finance specialization) / CAs
- Independently prepare credit risk analysis reports on assigned clients (business& financial analysis and focusing on credit issues) - for middle market clients (clients with exposure less than $5MM). Recommend rating grades based on analysis for the clients.
- Quality check work delivery for junior analysts in the team. Understand various techniques and methods of credit analysis, accounting treatments, financial adjustments, firm’s credit related policies, etc.
- Develop and maintain open communication channels with Underwriters and Bankers. Independently handle all calls/rating discussions with Underwriters and Credit Executives.
- Build strong knowledge of credit analysis for clients.
- Stakeholder management - Build strong relationships and maintain open communication channels with Credit Officers and Credit Executives
- 3-5 years of experience in credit risk. Excellent academic record; experience in credit risk
- Strong grasp of corporate finance concepts and their application
- Understanding of the financial statements, including ratio analysis, cash flow analysis, and basic accounting standards
- Aptitude to learn and develop knowledge on credit analysis techniques, sectors and global economies
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written; ability to effectively present analysis and interact with global credit bankers
- Deadline orientation; close attention to detail and accuracy. Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work proactively& independently as well as in a team environment. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build positive relationships with Underwriters and Relationship Managers
JPMorgan Chase& Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About The Team
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment. ]]>