Wealth Management (WM) Investment Risk& Analytics (IR&A) is responsible for the risk oversight of the Managed Strategies from end to end across the WM’s Private Bank and Consumer Bank businesses. Managed Strategies consist of JPMorgan’s own proprietary products and third-party funds including registered funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), separately managed accounts, hedge funds, private equity and real estate funds, etc. We cover investments starting with product onboarding, to ongoing governance and proactive oversight of risks arising from the management of over $1 trillion in AUM. We are looking for an analyst to partner with senior members of our team to oversee business activities related to investment risk.Job Responsibilities
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Identify and assess risk in investment activities, recommend risk mitigation strategies and escalate issues / concerns to senior management.
- Collaborate with Investment Research Team, Investment and Operational Due Diligence Teams to develop and maintain understanding of risk profiles of funds and portfolios.
- Participate in deep dive reviews analyzing top portfolio risks and exposures, in the context of market events and emerging risks
- Strive to develop a deep understanding of methodologies, processes and procedures and suggest enhancements;
- Represent Risk in working groups and/or meetings and review key risk issues, as appropriate
- Assist efforts to improve risk transparency and infrastructure
- Have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Engineering or similar fields. Master's degree in Finance or similar fields, CFA, FRM a plus
- Have at least 1-2 years experience in Financial Services
- Have experience with investment products across multiple asset classes such as fixed income and equities
- Are analytically inclined, with knowledge of data visualization tools (ex. Tableau) or programming (ex. VBA, Python) being an added advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, collaborative and inquisitive nature.
JPMorgan Chase& Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About The Team
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment. ]]>