More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
Dealing with an HMRC tax dispute can make you feel like David facing off Goliath. Yet, having an expert adviser by your side who understands the process and knows HMRC well makes staying compliant easy. Our unique Tax Dispute Resolution (TDR) service offering is tailored to support our clients through disputes and find the right way forward.
Our service offering covers a full suite of disputes, from routine HMRC enquiries to more serious cases of fraud. We also provide disclosure services, helping entities wanting to regularise their historic tax affairs to find the best route into HMRC.
We're happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we'll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Associate Director within our TDR team, you will:
- Lead on both large and small projects with colleagues across the wider team.
- Build and manage your own portfolio - likely focusing on large Corporate clients
- Support Partners and Directors to manage tax disputes, completing the analysis and computations to quantify the client's taxable position.
- Compose, review and deliver formal correspondence to progress HMRC enquiries and disclosures, with a view to minimise any potential penalties.
- Produce well supported pieces of technical research by using the relevant legislation, guidance issued by tax authorities and the firm's technical resources.
- Interact with HMRC to bring disputes to a resolution for our clients.
- Attend meetings; and proactively follow up on the agreed actions with the support of Managers / Partners.
- Expand your internal network at Grant Thornton and support other teams who have existing clients with an HMRC dispute.
- Act with integrity and in line with our organisational values.
Knowing you're right for us
Joining us as an Associate Director the minimum criteria you'll need is:
- Relevant tax experience and / or progress with UK tax qualifications (CTA / ATT)
- Experience managing a varied client portfolio
- demonstrable experience working in a corporate / international tax team (in practice or in industry)
- strong knowledge of the UK corporate tax legislation
Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.