The Savoy, a Fairmont Managed Hotel, is one of the world's most iconic hotels. A renowned leaders in the hospitality industry, The Savoy has a reputation for outstanding service and excellence. Originally built in 1889, the hotel has a rich history and has played host to royalty, world leaders and legends of the stage and screen. Today, colleagues pride themselves on being innovative and inspirational, delivering the very best in five star luxury. Passionate about developing and promoting talent, The Savoy offers unwavering support and recognition to colleagues, as well as having a very competitive benefits plan.
An exceptional opportunity presents itself at The Savoy for a Director of Finance & Business Support.
You will play a key role on the Executive team in delivering the business plan, maximizing revenue, leveraging business opportunities, and optimizing operating costs.
You will also provide strategic direction and leadership to your teams (ie. Finance, Procurement &IT) and be a trusted business partner to the Senior Leadership team across the hotel in order to maximize financial performance.
Reporting into the Managing Director and RVP of The Savoy, and working closely with Accor Luxury Corporate Finance team, you will bring your expertise to support the Executive Committee whilst being always respectful of the Accor procedures.
- Leads by example as a Savoy Ambassador adhering to Accor Values. Supports the on-going evolution of Heartist culture within The Savoy.
- Supports The Savoy's commitment to delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Leads and advocates The Savoy's`service culture.
- Complies and reinforces all statutory and legal requirements for GDPR.
- Adheres to the crisis management and business continuity plans for the department.
- Ensures that all Accor Finance policies and Operating Procedures are updated as needed and are enforced on a daily basis.
- Adopts an entrepreneurial approach by actively seeking revenue generating opportunities to leverage the power of The Savoy's brand.
- Continuously seeks out areas for improvement to drive operational effectiveness, and increase quality within Finance and Procurement.
- Constantly monitors the latest industry trends, innovative products and service opportunities. Champions continuous improvement and innovation
- Works collaboratively with Leadership team ensuring good, timely communication of the financial information. Maintains excellent relationships with all the hotel stakeholders (Owners, Accor Europe Luxury Division, Banks etc.)
- Manage the Finance (Income Audit, Payroll, Cash/Bank Control, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable), and Purchasing functions and teams.
- Prepare departmental strategies and establish effective goals, measurements and action plans for the Finance, Procurement Departments.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, Inventory, and weekly financial reports including forecasting of profits, cash and payroll
- Preparation for audit , VAT and payroll taxes, including compliance with payment deadlines
- Business partnering effectively with the leadership team to ensure an understanding of departmental financial reporting and other metrics including wage %, GPs and P&Ls.
Group Reporting & Owners relationship
- Responsible for both the operating company and property companies of Breezeroad Limited (the Savoy's Parent Company)
- Responsible for quarterly reporting to ownership
- Responsible for completion of quarterly reviews by external auditor
- Responsible for annual external audit of Breezeroad entities
- Completion and filing of annual financial statements to Companies House
- Completion and filing of all relevant tax return with the support of ownerships tax consultants
- Completion of all lender reporting
- Provide financial and commercial updates and insight at ownership reviews and quarterly board meetings
Actively participate in the development of business strategy in line with The Savoy's vision, and business objectives and develop a strategy for growth in the 5-10 year business plan.
Business Plans & Budgets
Oversee and develop the annual budget in order to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
In collaboration with the Commercial and Revenue Management functions, analyse the commercial operations and competitive trends to establish tactical recommendations and strategies for the short, medium and long term
Provide local management and the management company/owners with objective analysis of business performance, highlighting key issues and opportunities.
Specific Business Proposals
Assess the benefits of all prospective significant spends and contracts and advise the General Manager and Owners on programme design and implementation matters. such as CapEX activity, legal, financial and other advisors as appropriate.
- Oversee recruitment, for all positions for Finance, Procurement and IT in line with Accor`s Leadership Capability Framework, Recruitment Charter and related processes.
- Oversee the 90-day onboarding program to ensure new colleagues feel welcome and team members are prepared for the new arrivals including management within the internal communication network.
- Oversee the performance management process, in line with the Leadership Capability Framework.
- Develops a high performing, empowered team, through inspiring leadership, training, operational management, and succession planning.
- Fosters a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible standard of work.
- Promotes an environment of open ongoing feedback and coaching for better performance.
- Coaches and mentors colleagues within finance, procurement and IT functions.
The successful candidate is likely to have a minimum of 5 years of experience in as a Director of Finance and will have a track record of success in a comparable luxury environment. However, we will consider exceptional candidates from other industries.
You must have a graduate degree in business or equivalent together with a professional accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA, and bring strategic knowledge of the hospitality business and financial management.
In addition, the following capabilities will be required:
- Business acumen: Strategic thinking & analysis, business development and planning skills
- Results orientation: appetite to drive exceptional results and continuous improvement in operational excellence
- Strong organizational/project management: ability to multitask many projects/ initiatives, at a high level of quality adhering to strict deadlines.
- Leadership: empowering and inspiring style, fostering a culture of engagement, development and high performance
- High energy: positive 'can do' attitude, focusing on solutions to challenges
- Collaborative: team player and proactive business partnering to build financial awareness and a sense of accountability amongst our leaders
- Communication: clear, transparent communicator, with excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Technical capability
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to self-manage
- Savoy Ambassador: a true role model representing the hotel appropriately at all times; with a genuine passion for the guest experience
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- 31 days of holiday including public holidays (increase to 33 days after 5 years)
- Private Medical
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 50% discount at our iconic American & Beaufort Bars
- 50% discount at our world-famous Afternoon Tea
- 50% discount at our spa and florist
- Savoy hotel discount and discount across Accor hotels worldwide
- 50% discount at Gordon Ramsay's River Restaurant and Savoy Grill
- 20% at Gordon Ramsay restaurants outside the hote
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility and gym membership discount
- Free stay at The Savoy after successful completion of probation
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme