Senior Project Accountant
Glasgow, Lanarkshire + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55786
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Project Accountant at our Cadder Yard site. The Role
As a Senior Project Accountant, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Working on behalf of and with both Babcock Rail, and the Rail Systems Alliance Scotland (RSAS - comprising of 3 Alliance partners; Babcock Rail, Arcadis, & Network Rail); you'll be expected to act as a Finance Business Partner to the Operations, Projects and Commercial teams across Babcock Rail, Babcock International Group, & Alliance stakeholders (Network Rail & Arcadis).
Day to day, you'll be responsible for working in compliance with all stakeholder reporting requirements, the production of accurate and timely project financial information, ensuring robust financial controls, maximum efficiency of processes and reporting, and strong corporate governance in line with Babcock Group & Alliance Customer & Stakeholder requirements:
- Work with the Senior Finance Manager, Project, Operations, and Commercial teams in improving and maintaining the processes used to operate and control project financial performance.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate recording, preparation and presentation of project financial information.
- Accountable for the completeness and accuracy of all financial information presented at the Quarterly, Monthly or Weekly Project reviews.
- Ensure project financial results, risks and opportunities are critically reviewed and challenged.
This role is a full-time position that is contracted 35 hours a week and will be based at our Cadder Yard site with hybrid working from home arrangements. The current expectation is to be in the office weekly.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview. Essential Experience of the Senior Project Accountant:
Qualifications for the Senior Project Accountant:
- Demonstratable project accounting experience.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills at all levels.
- Strong business / process analysis skills.
- Ideally, have experience of working with Project Managers and Quantity Surveyors but, this is not essential.
- Exposure to the engineering, rail, construction or similar industries, is desired but, not a requirement.
- You must hold a suitable and recognised professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, ACMA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS) or equivalent / similar.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview. Closing date: 14/02/2024 #LI-HYBRID
CSR, Engineer, Management, Engineering