To undertake the day-to-day Accounts Payable activities within the UK Shared Service Centre for designated internal customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Administration of the Esker AP System vendor for invoice receipt, reading and subsequent approval and posting to SAP
- Dealing with queries and questions from invoice approvers
- Liaising with Purchasing Department for resolution of issues
- Reconciliation of vendor statements to SAP
- Maintenance of vendor (3rd Party & Employee) sensitive finance information
- Preparation of SAP Payment Proposals and upload to banking platform
- Clearance of AP related bank account reconciling items
- Monthly reconciliation of Intercompany Balances
- Monitoring of the Concur SAP Cockpit and resolution of issues
- Support testing of AP system changes as required
- Ensuring vendor invoices are processed and paid in accordance with the agreed terms or are escalated / reported where this is not possible
- Preparation of weekly cash payment forecast
- Review of Aged Accounts Payable and providing commentary and actions
- Review of GRIR and managing actions for the team to support
- Ensuring minimum financial controls are undertaken on a timely basis
- Ensuring communications with Vendors, Purchasing Departments, approvers, and other internal stakeholders is responsive and timely
- Supporting Internal and External Audits
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Knowledge of SAP ECC6 or other ERP systems
- Experience of working within an AP team
- Fast learner with the ability to pick up new systems and processes
- Great attention to detail
- Good communicator with fluency in business English (written and spoken)
- Experience of working with Senior Stakeholders
- Strong Spanish, French or German Language skills (written and spoken)
- Good MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Numerate with accounting knowledge
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- A good team player
- Ability to work in a Shared Service Centre environment for multiple companies from various countries
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.