At State Street Global Advisors, our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. Our vision is to be the first investment call for every institutional investor and financial intermediary.
The Asset Stewardship team is responsible for developing and implementing SSGA's proxy voting and engagement guidelines, engaging with issuers, and undertaking research and analysis of governance and sustainability-related issues in our role as a fiduciary of our clients' assets.
You will join the team responsible for stewardship activities in Europe and the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), to focus on environmental issues. You will report to the Head of EMEA Asset Stewardship and the Environmental Lead. Key Responsibilities
In this role you will:
Experience and Qualifications
- Work closely with senior environmental experts to develop global environmental stewardship program
- Lead engagement dialogues with portfolio companies on environmental-related topics.
- Monitor evolving environmental-related disclosure and market trends, and design and conduct campaigns.
- Assess climate transition plan disclosure for portfolio companies across carbon-intensive industries
- Contribute to the development of key insights, thought leadership and voting guidelines.
- Contribute to voting and engagement activities with investee companies in the Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
- Support the Head of EMEA Asset Stewardship and Environmental Lead to achieve engagement objectives to ensure success of our overall stewardship program
- Three years' experience in proxy voting and engagement
- Expertise in one or more topics related to State Street Global Advisors' environmental stewardship program (e.g. deforestation, circular economy, water management, climate transition plan disclosure, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant ESG reporting frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, SBTi, Transition Pathways Initiative, etc.
- Ability to navigate an increasingly complex environment and maintain focus on our core fiduciary responsibility
- Masters degree in a sustainability-related field preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present information in an organized, clear and engaging way
- Strong interpersonal skills with comfort working independently and within a team setting
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, demonstrating initiative and the ability to prioritize workloads