Accounts Payable Clerk
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
Circa £26k (DOE)
Talento is delighted to be recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk for our client who is a longstanding manufacturing in the Dumfries area. The accounts payable clerk will review, reconcile, and pay the Company's invoices in a timely fashion. This requires not only accounting acumen, but also working knowledge of a company's operations in order to be a steadfast guardian of its cash flow. Previous financial experience is essential for this role.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Post business transactions, process invoices, employee expenses, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records
- Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organisation
- Maintain meticulous records of outstanding payables
- Ensure the accuracy of an organisation's financial documents for payment, auditing and tax purposes
- Practice effective monitoring to ensure payments are made to vendors in a timely manner
- Intercompany confirmation and reconciliation
- Maintaining freight database
- Maintain company credit cards
- Balance sheet reconciliations and various reporting
- Assist the accounts team with other areas as required
- Other ad hoc duties
- Solid understanding of book-keeping.
- Able to work closely with production plant technical and operations staff, as well as purchasing and commercial functions.
- Self-motivated, able to demonstrate good initiative and with a high level of commitment and flexibility as well as paying meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of focussing on safety in all aspects of work.
- Consistently positive about the company and the core values of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Data analysis, planning and organisational skills.
- Practical knowledge of budgeting and cash-flow regulation.
- Determination to accomplish goals.
- The ability to use Microsoft applications including databases and spreadsheets, learn shop floor systems and other computer programmes used by the business.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) would be advantageous
- Salary around £26k (DOE). (Additional renumeration may be offered to candidates with extensive experience)
- Private Healthcare Medical, Dental and Eye-plan Care
- Pension of up to 12%
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays (Additional leave granted with every year of service after 2 years)
- Driving Licence (Regular travel will be required to sister site at Wilton during first few months for training)