In this pivotal role, you will provide financial leadership and support to the business units, contributing significantly to the overall company strategy. Your primary responsibilities include preparing and presenting clear financial results and forecasts to stakeholders, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate closely with the UK Senior Leadership Team and Corporate Finance Teams to prepare budgets, plans, and financial reports, maintaining a high standard of compliance with regulatory standards.
- Work in tandem with the UK Senior Leadership team to drive and achieve financial and operational goals, fostering profitable business growth.
- Review and analyze historical and projected financial metrics, inspiring and challenging teams to set and achieve ambitious financial plans and related KPIs.
- Implement effective strategies to manage cash, improving working capital while maintaining strong customer and supplier relationships.
- Contribute valuable financial guidance to the company's overall business objectives, providing strategic advice to enhance financial strategy.
- Offer coaching, advice, and support to functional managers, fostering an understanding of key financials and business operations.
- Generate accurate accounting reports in compliance with relevant Accounting Standards, working collaboratively with external and internal Auditors to ensure statutory requirements are met.
- Ensure internal processes and controls align with best practices, safeguarding company assets.
- Stay updated on legislative changes that may impact the business, proactively implementing necessary adjustments.
- Conduct regular reviews of business activities and performance, ensuring clear ownership and timelines for addressing issues and delivering plans.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and adhere to best practices in meeting the requirements of Government Agencies, including Company Secretarial, HM Revenue and Customs, Pensions, and overseas regulatory authorities.
- Develop the finance team through training and providing opportunities for gaining experience.
- Segment income, cost, and production streams for a detailed understanding of financial returns and risks by channel.
- Identify opportunities for continuous reductions in operating costs and improvements in systems and processes.
- Provide financial guidance to all stakeholders, ensuring they are fully aware of business performance and future projections.
- Qualified accountant with a recognized accountancy qualification.
- Leadership/management qualification.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience at FD level or senior finance role.
- Proven success in maximising financial performance and growth.
- Senior level experience with commercial knowledge of dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Sound knowledge of the wider economic surroundings, both for the UK and internationally.
- Background in SME growth organizations.
- Strong financial skills - reporting, planning, and modeling.
- Strategic skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Analytical mindset and critical thinker.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and able to work at all levels.
- Results-driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office user, particularly Excel.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.