Join our Team!
We have some exciting opportunities available at Barking and Dagenham College. We are looking for a Financial Accounting Supervisor to join our Finance team.
You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis
and in return, we will offer a competitive salary of 33,101 - 35,899 per annum (inc of London Weighting).The Financial Accounting Supervisor role:The post holder will supervise/manage the purchase and sales ledger assistant and oversee the credit control function for all sales ledgers and reconciliation of purchase and sales ledgers. They will participate in College s year end routines, such as preparation of working papers for statutory accounts, including college s subsidiary company.Key Responsibilities of our Financial Accounting Supervisor:
Our ideal Financial Accounting Supervisor should have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Take overall responsibility for purchase ledger matters ensuring that service standards are met
- Issue official college orders and ensure invoices are sent to customers.
- Review BACS runs payments
- Review outstanding invoices each month to ensure suppliers are paid in a timely manner
- Liaise and regularly meet with managers to raise and resolve any issues
- Fully qualified AAT or Part qualified accountant (CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW) (E)
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience (E)
- Supervisory role in a demanding Finance Department (E)
Please note- this list of duties, qualifications, skills and experience is not exhaustive, please view Job Description for full list.
If you are passionate about success and can do the above, then we want to hear from you!
You will need to submit a cover letter demonstrating how your personality, skills and experience meet our values for this role.PLEASE NOTE;
- All applications forms must be fully completed, showing full education and employment details. An incomplete application will not be considered for shortlisting.
- We have the right to interview candidates before the application deadline
Applicants for all jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to an enhanced level, costs are covered by the College. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Closing date for applications: 16/02/2024
Interviews will be held from 20/02/2024 onwards.
If you would like to learn more about our Financial Accounting Supervisor
role, then please click apply
Join a truly great college, passionate about success, for our learners, staff, businesses, and communities.
Trusted by over 6,000 learners and apprentices yearly; we provide industry-aligned technical and vocational qualifications across our Barking and Rush Green campuses. We ve invested over 50m in our facilities over the past 9 years, providing outstanding learning and working environments including our East London Institute of Technology.
By choosing Barking & Dagenham College, you ll benefit from:
Join the team. Be part of it.
- a competitive salary including London Weighting
- generous holiday and pension packages
- being part of a team passionate about education and success
- links with industry and CPD opportunities
- free parking, travel to work and technology assistance schemes
To find out more about BDC, visit www.bdc.ac.uk