Spencer Clarke Group are seeking a Senior Accountant
for a local authority client based in Cambridgeshire.
As a Senior Accountant
you will play a crucial role in delivering customer-centric financial services within established budgets and deadlines.About the role:
You will be tasked with delivering key strategic objectives:
- Prepare annual statements of accounts in compliance with current accounting requirements, ensuring full support for auditors.
- Analyse and report on financial implications of council initiatives, new projects, and statutory requirements, making recommendations for system developments.
- Undertake Collection Fund accounting, including forecasting of Non-Domestic Rates and Council Tax.
- Maintain the high standards in financial information management to ensure proper accounting and management of public funds.
- Complete grant claims, government returns, and other returns accurately and on time.
The successful candidate will have the following skills / experience:
What’s on offer
- Relevant experience in finance and accounting, including statutory accounts completion.
- Fully qualified CCAB accountant or equivalent qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards and financial reporting.
£435 per day *negotiable depending on experience*
*may negotiate higher for exceptional candidates, based on experience*Contract type:
3-6 months minimum, with a high likelihood of extensionHours:
Monday - Friday, 36 hours per weekHybrid Working -
Remote with occasional working in CambridgeHow to apply
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful, you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
- For any further questions, please contact Taylor Kirkham on 01772 954200.