We are looking to recruit a Senior Manager - Risk and Assurance. Location for this role is London.
Our Risk Assurance practice is growing quickly and we are now looking for a key senior hire who will be able to support this growth. The role will work closely with the Partner and Director to build on the capacity and capability of the team to support our clients in delivering internal audit, risk management and other controls assurance solutions. The Senior Manager - Risk and Assurance will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- To provide support on the development of service propositions
- Market mapping across key and target clients
- To support and lead on developing responses to invitations to tender.
- Have/build extensive network (internal and external) and look to develop an opportunity pipeline
- To play a supporting role in the development of the team and our internal audit, GRC, ERM, ESG propositions
- Work with our Marketing team to write and publish thought leadership and other articles
- Ability to build strong client relationships, ensure client expectations are met
- Add value to the client relationship, identifying and developing opportunities to improve the clients’ businesses and develop services
- Lead and deliver client engagements and assignments, ensuring exceptional client service
- Deliver high quality internal audit engagements across a broad client base
- Lead project teams and developing team members to reach their potential
- Adapt and tailor Risk Assurance solutions
- Contribute to the development of the Risk Assurance capability
- Responsibility for the client administration process
- Building relationships with experts to deliver client focused assurance solutions
- Ability to manage delivering on a portfolio of work and balance and prioritise conflicting priorities
- Awareness of commercial aspects of the clients’ businesses and impact on our work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively impact and influence others/ key stakeholders
- Experience or ability to work across a range of sectors which can be financial services and/or non-financial services
- Experience of business development activities
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken is by an appropriate individual
- Strong leadership skills and be able to lead, manage/motivate the team
- Motivated self-starter with ambition to successfully continue to progress your career
- Ability to deliver against agreed growth targets
- Comfortable in leading on client presentations and attendance at networking events
- Relevant experience in this or a similar role is preferred
- ACCA, ACA, IIA qualification or equivalent
With 11 offices across Scotland and beyond, we’re one of the country’s leading firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers. Working at Johnston Carmichael means working in a team of over 900 sharp minds - each of which is valued and heard. We support our people to ensure they can grow their own way through proactive learning and development.
At Johnston Carmichael we want what’s best for our clients, our people, and our communities. You’ll be joining a team that’s engaged with its local communities and committed to supporting them. Over the last decade, we’ve raised over £450,000 for charitable causes across Scotland and we’re also Gold Sponsors of the Kiltwalk. Why Audit?
Our vision remains a constant - to be the firm of choice in all our markets.
The role and regulations of audit are transforming, and we need to keep up with this fast pace of change to ensure we provide the assurance and confidence our clients need.
And, with 11 key industry sectors, there’s no shortage of variety when it comes to our client base. We’re also an independent member firm of Moore Global Network Limited, a global accounting and advisory network of over 30,000 advisers across more than 110 countries, so you’ll have the opportunity to work with businesses all over the globe. How working for us can work for you:
As a valued member of the Johnston Carmichael team, you’ll benefit from a number of employee benefits including but not exhaustive to; a personal pension scheme, annual leave, and life assurance, as well as your own personal training and development plan.
We know that 9-5 office hours aren’t for everyone. We support flexible working and also use a hybrid working model. One size doesn’t fit all, so let’s discuss what might work for you and our firm.
If you’re ready to work in an innovative and forward-thinking firm alongside talented, sharp minds, apply today. At Johnston Carmichael we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. A copy of this policy will be made available on request. We also welcome applications from individuals who have had time away from paid employment.