Are you looking to kick start your career in Finance?
Do you want to apply your meticulous attention to detail to a dynamic Finance environment?
If so, we have a great opportunity as our next Finance Intern! You'll have the opportunity to work alongside the whole Finance function from accounting to financial planning, contributing to a variety of tasks tailored to emerging business and departmental needs.About The Role
At Perspectum, our Finance department comprises Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Accounting. As an intern, you'll primarily support FP&A while also gaining exposure to the broader Finance functions. This role offers hands-on experience, providing you with the opportunity to respond to the evolving needs of the Finance team. With a flexible and proactive mindset, you'll dive into projects, eager to learn and develop your skills. Day to day your duties will include:
- Transactional Finance: Engage in tasks related to managing supplier accounts (Accounts Payable), customer accounts (Accounts Receivable), and/or staff payroll.
- Project Finance: Offer support to project managers by providing financial assistance for various projects, including those funded by customers, grants, or internal initiatives.
- Month-End Close: Assist with various aspects of month-end financial accounting processes, including journal entries, reconciliations, and related tasks.
- Technical Projects: Contribute to a variety of ad hoc technical, treasury, audit, and other finance-related projects to enhance organizational efficiency.
- Finance Technology: Support the implementation and enhancement of finance technologies to streamline financial operations.
- Reporting: Aid in the preparation of key monthly reports for the Board, C-Suite, departments, projects, or other stakeholders.
- Performance Analytics: Calculate and present key performance indicators (KPIs), conducting in-depth analysis to facilitate decision-making processes.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist in the annual budgeting process, gaining insights into forecasting techniques and financial planning strategies.
You will have an interest and experience (working or studying) within Finance. Most importantly, you'll demonstrate a strong eagerness to learn and contribute to how the Finance department supports the growth of our company. Your skills will include:
- Currently pursuing or holding a numerate undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- A proactive, self-starting attitude with a genuine curiosity and enthusiasm for continuous learning.
- Capable of navigating ambiguities and emerging issues with composure, taking ownership to propose potential solutions alongside identifying problems.
- Displays genuine motivation for a future career in finance, expressing a keen interest in exploring various finance experiences within the role.
- Works with discretion and upholds the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, effectively engaging with stakeholders across all levels, from peers to management.
- Proficient in IT skills, including MS Office, with the ability to quickly adapt to bespoke systems.
- Exceptional organisational skills and effective prioritisation capabilities.
- Comfortable working independently while also contributing seamlessly as part of a collaborative team.
We see our internships as a two-way street. While we are committed fostering your growth and skills within our corporate environment, we also empower you to take ownership of your projects where you feel comfortable in doing so. To make this works, we simply ask that you are:
- Ready and willing to work from our Oxford office for a minimum of 3 days a week, as proximity is essential for collaboration.
- Have the capacity to work full-time hours (37.5 hours per week) without requiring UK work sponsorship.
- Available to work for the entire 12-month internship period (we are flexible on start dates!)