We are recruiting for a Finance Manager to join a friendly, fast-paced, and well-established company based on the outskirts of St Albans.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the companys financial systems and accounting processes whilst managing a team of two.
If you are an experienced Finance Manager, looking for an opportunity to broaden your skillset in a varied role, this is a great position for you to explore!
Due to the location, you need to be a driver
This role is 100% office based
Whats in it for you:
up to £60k
- Hours: 8:30am-5pm
- A close-knit and supportive team
- On site gym!
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- BUPA private healthcare after 6 months probation
- Free parking
Key responsibilities for the Finance Manager:
- Management of finance team and day-to-day operations of accounting processes
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the companys financial systems. Oversee all aspects of these systems, including design and implementation of improvements
- Manage the processing of all creditor and debtor administration
- Manage the processing of payroll administration, including salary journals, freelance staff, employers tax, national insurance and pension contributions
- Manage and effectively develop the Finance Team and assist in the training and induction of staff into financial procedures
- Assist with the timely preparation, forecasting, and monitoring of the companys financial performance including preparation of Management Accounts
- To control the process of administrating all payments
- To effectively liaise with external agencies and professional services e.g. Auditors, HMRC
- To monitor the companys bank accounts and act as an authorised signatory
- To assist with the development, monitoring and preparation of performance indicators
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end business systems
- Manage the migration to new systems
- Training staff on new systems and processes
For this Finance Manager role the employer is looking for:
- Ample experience in a similar Finance Manager role
- Part qualified Accountant or qualified by experience
- Experience managing at least 1 team member
- Problem solver, goal focussed and customer focussed
- A positive, can do approach, determined to succeed
- Generates a sense of energy and urgency
- Build and maintains excellent working relationships
- An exemplar and ambassador for the company and its values
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
If you are interested in this Finance Manager role, please apply now!
Red Door Recruitment is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Full details available on our website.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.