About The Role
RAC have the exciting new opportunity to appoint a Risk Manager
who will join our Risk & Compliance Team on a permanent basis. The role which sits within the overall Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) function is focused on supporting risk management activity across the RAC Group, ensuring that risks are identified and managed.
Demonstrable experience of working within a FCA
(Financial Conduct Authority) or PRA
(Prudential Regulation Authority
) environment is ideal in order to hit the ground running as you will have exposure to all areas of the business helping to set up new systems and processes as the Risk Management Function develops.
This is a hybrid role
, where you will spend two days in the office in Bradley Stoke, Bristol
and three days at home. What will you do
What You'll Need...
- Engage with 1 st line risk owners (Exec / Senior Managers / their deputies) to ensure risks within each of RAC's Business Division/Functions are being effectively managed.
- Partnering with designated business division and group functions to understand their strategy, objectives and operational challenges and ensure that material risks are identified and managed.
- Assisting the Head of Risk Management with the development of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process to ensure this is effective and in line with best practice.
- Work with RAC's Business Divisions & Functions and other corporate functions (Compliance, Internal Audit etc) and a ssist with the recording, monitoring, investigation, and remediation of Incidents and ensure that the risk event process is embedded and is working effectively and that risk registers are updated following any Incidents.
- Assist with the promotion and continuous development of a robust risk focused culture and ensure the importance of effective risk management is understood by 1 st line staff and management.
- Assist the Head of Risk Management and wider Compliance function in ensuring that the business operates in line with Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) requirements and support the business on key regulatory initiatives (Operational Resilience etc)
To be considered for this role, you need to be a highly organised individual with experience in similar position and preferably in the insurance sector, is desirable, along with the following.
In return, we offer...
- Awareness of risk management, governance, control & oversight
- Familiarity with the FCA/PRA regulatory framework.
- Familiarity with a 'Three lines of defence' Risk/Compliance model
- Good communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- The ability to synthesise complex information into key actions and recommendations for the business.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to prioritise and work on numerous projects at once.
- Recognised qualification i.e. IRM Certificate in Risk Management
At the RAC, our colleagues do whatever it takes to help our customers. And we believe in rewarding you in return. As well as a competitive salary, there's also an annual bonus scheme in place. Plus, you'll have all these extra benefits;
- FREE RAC Breakdown cover from day one
- Colleague Share Scheme - a unique opportunity to become an owner of our business and share in the future success of the RAC!
- Car salary sacrifice scheme - including offers on electric vehicles.
- Hybrid working
- Group Life Assurance of up to 4 x salary
Health and wellbeing benefits - including healthcare cash plan and private medical insurance and a number of lifestyle discounted benefits.