Internal Tax Senior Function: Finance Sub-Function: EMEIA Tax Team, working in collaboration with the Global Internal Tax Group Level: Level 2 Duration: Permanent
1 MLP as needed (hybrid and remote working encouraged)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
A unique opportunity to experience being part of an internal tax team. This role will give you an insight on a client’s perspective not normally available within EY and will give you exposure to EY’s senior leadership. Opportunities to work on a variety of projects including EMEIA & UK acquisition integration support, tax advice on entity rationalisations as well as tax accounting and compliance tasks.The opportunity
The Internal Tax Senior (‘ITS’) will work to support the EMEIA Tax Team (‘ETT’) to manage the tax affairs of the EY network’s UK entities and manage tax matters arising from their transactions with the EY member firms worldwide. The ITS will have a mixed role, undertaking both tax advisory and tax compliance work; although it is anticipated that initially the ITS will spend a majority of their time on tax compliance. The successful applicant will be someone who demonstrates the ability to integrate with new teams quickly, is outgoing and able to build good relationships with key stakeholders. They will have the ability to produce high quality work and have good tax technical skills. The candidate should have a working knowledge of UK corporation tax and/or partnership taxes. The team is fully supportive and actively encourages flexible working and will work closely with the successful applicant to facilitate them putting in place appropriate flexible working arrangements. Your key responsibilities
You will be working with key members of the ETT and Global Internal Tax Group. Your work is likely to include a wide range of tax compliance work, including:
- Assisting with the end-to-end compliance process for a number of UK partnerships.
- Assisting in the data gathering and preparation of the information for the completion of the profit matrices required for overseas filing requirements for the partnership.
- Maintaining the data for the Senior Accounting Officer annual declarations.
- Supporting the Partnership Senior Manager on the UK Firm’s US Withholding Foreign Partnership administration.
- Assisting with the end-to-end compliance process for a number of UK companies including but not limited to:
- Drafting entity tax provision and coordination of tax return preparation.
- Assisting with dealing with EY’s obligations arising from Country-by-Country Reporting (CBCR)
- Preparing P&Ls for overseas permanent establishment (‘PE’).
- Undertaking Controlled Foreign Company (‘CFC’) reviews.
Whilst the role is predominantly compliance focus, there will be some tax advisory tasks to be undertaken, for instance, advising on the impact of legislative changes on EY and assisting with the liquidation of EY entities. Skills and attributes for success;
To qualify for the role you must have;
- Ability to manage your own time and to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Commitment to developing self, proactive mindset and desire to make the role your own
- Desire to acquire sound knowledge of EY network organization and internal operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals worldwide
- Team player
- Confident, outgoing, friendly and enthusiastic attitude to work
Ideally, you’ll also have;
- Knowledge of and experience with UK taxes, with focus on corporate and/or partnership entity taxation
- Familiarity with international tax principles
- Ability to write clear articulate documents, summarizing complex tax matters
- Accountancy qualification (working in a tax role) or tax specialist (ATT or CTA)
What we offer
- Proficient/advanced user of MS Office package, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Proven analytical skills and good attention to accuracy and detail
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate across the team
- Willing to take on new challenges within the role
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, within the ETT we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you;
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.