We have an opportunity for a Senior Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit Department reporting into the Internal Audit Manager. You will perform audit assignments in accordance with Markerstudy’s internal audit methodology, this includes planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow up. You will conduct internal audit work on a variety of audit assignments as determined by the annual Audit Plan such as general insurance, operations, claims, underwriting and regulatory hot topics. You will be working closely with the Internal Audit Manager to provide independent and objective assurance to senior management, the Board and Audit Committee. Relevant general insurance and/or financial services experience is required and you should be a self-starter ready to hit the ground running.
• Document understanding of business processes in process narratives and/or flow charts.
• Identify key risks and controls within processes and provide risk assessment.
• Perform audit testing to evaluate control design and operational effectiveness.
• Experience of contributing/leading an audit from planning stage to issuance of final report.
• Develop effective working relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
• Prepare/contribute insightful audit reports that are clear, concise and value-add.
• Contribute purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge through sound, independent judgement and common sense.
• Undertake Follow-Up reviews on agreed actions to provide assurance to the Audit Committee that management agreed actions are implemented within the agreed timescales.
• To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as required by the Group Head of Internal Audit.
• Maintain technical competence by ongoing training, continued professional development and seek development opportunities and apply new knowledge to daily work assignments.
What we are looking for:
• At least three years general insurance/financial services Internal Audit experience - either in broking, insurance or Lloyd’s;
• Education to degree level or equivalent;
• Relevant professional qualification or studying towards (ACA, ACCA, CMIIA, ACIS, CIA, PQIA);
• Experience of reviewing and analysing operational processes and controls;
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and use own initiative with a positive can-do attitude;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills;
• An analytical and problem solving mindset with an attention to detail; and
• Knowledge of risk management, regulatory and governance requirements.
• Sound business acumen;
• Highly developed investigative skills;
• Developed ability to deal with all levels of staff; and
• Experience of working in a fast moving and entrepreneurial environment.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills;
• Able to apply a pragmatic proportional approach;
• Works well under pressure;
• Attention to detail; and
• Act as an ambassador for the department in promoting the value of work undertaken whenever possible.
• Hybrid working arrangements. 2 days in the office/ 3 days work from home. However, this is flexible;
• Office locations: Sevenoaks, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Portsmouth and Peterborough; and
• Ability to travel within the UK (approximately 20%).