Our client, a large infrastructure asset manager, is looking for a Senior Fund Controller to sit within the Fund Establishment team of their London-based office. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing at least one Financial Controller as well as new fund development, investment appraisal, waterfall economics analysis, fund financing solutions, and acquisition structuring. Given the nature of the role, strong accounting and investment experience ideally within the infrastructure and/or fund management sector is essential. This will initially be a six-month FTC starting ASAP.Description
The duties and responsibilities required for this Senior Fund Controller role include (but are not limited to):
- Managing at least one Financial Controller as well as wider team deliverables.
- Interacting with key stakeholders across the business including the wider Finance function.
- Delivering new fund launches through the business' product development progress.
- Assisting FC/sub-team's review of finance models, model builds, and new model implementation.
- Analysing new products and developing structures for existing and new sectors and strategies.
- Provision of new internal and investor-facing appraisal tools to provide informative analysis for fundraising.
- Implementing new fund facilities, including subscription lines and hybrid solutions.
- Onboarding new investments.
- Assisting the team with financial due diligence of new target investment, focusing on fund impact and sustainability.
- Reviewing and optimising financial elements of key fund documents including LPA, side letters, and investor waterfalls.
The skills required for this Senior Fund Controller include (but are not limited to):
- Degree-level education with a relevant accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Significant post-qualification experience within fund accounting, preferably during the establishment and investing phases of investment vehicles.
- Experience managing a team.
- Comfortable interpreting and developing key fund legal documents to match the evolution of commercials.
- Experience within infrastructure fund financial management is a distinct advantage.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.