Ballinger & Co. is an independent provider of foreign exchange risk management and trading services to financial institutions and corporate clients with large and complex FX requirements.
We are a fast growing, well funded business run by a a team of FX specialists who previously built and sold the UK's largest FX broker.
Having launched the business in 2020 and achieved all of our goals to date, we now seek to expand our back-office team with an additional Operations Specialist who will be trained by our Head of Operations & Trade Support back office all-rounder, with scope to progress and specialise as the business grows.
This is an excellent opportunity for any candidate looking to start their career in financial services client services, or for a professional early in their career looking for their big break into a role with unlimited potential.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- This position serves a pivotal role in Operations. Supporting multiple work streams, as required, including but not limited to Posting of incoming wires, processing of outgoing wires, Reconciliation, Trade Verification, Queries.
- It will serve as a pivotal role in the real time processing of client instructions, Responsibilities include but are not limited to approve payment information; creating and/or reviewing beneficiary details; following up with either clients or other internal departments if and as required.
- Create/Review/Approve all payments (domestic & international).
- Review and Cancel/Amend/Modify foreign exchange transactions as required.
- Communicating with clients when the clarification of beneficiary instructions, or FX trades is required.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts against our internal treasury management system.
- Liaising with our Risk Team to ensure our exposure is covered and margin calls are met.
- Playing a key role in a number of projects and improving processes.
- Ongoing training and development through training sessions and CISI exams.
- A minimum 6 months experience in domestic and/or international payment processing is preferred, but this can be overlooked for the right candidate; that is keen to work in a fast paced FX payments environment, and is eager to learn.
- High attention to detail is essential to ensure both payment accuracy, and prompt delivery to the ultimate beneficiary.
- Ability to analyse payment instructions for viability.
- Ability to work within rules and guidelines.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a Payments Function
- Experience in a Reconciliation Function
- Understanding of KYC and Client Onboarding
- Knowledge FX Payments industry
Private Healthcare Plan Pension Plans Leave Package Training & Development Employee Assistance Programme Competitive salary (depending on experience). Excellent opportunity to progress in a fast growing company.