Finance Business Partner, PayPoint, Welwyn Garden City AL7 1EL
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
For tens of thousands of businesses and millions of consumers, PayPoint delivers innovative technology and services that make life a little easier.
To support this the FP&A team requires a business partner to align to a key trading division to help lead the finance agenda in that division and to support the delivery of their business objectives.
The role will develop meaningful insight, support on business initiatives and deliver high quality outputs across the financial calendar.
The role has no direct reports but will work closely with other finance business partners and senior analysts to support the FP&A deliverables. Key stakeholders will be the divisional director, their heads of department and relevant personnel across finance.
- Business Partnering
- Review weekly and monthly key metrics and results with business partners to ensure that results are fully understood and work with them to develop the performance narrative and develop analysis where needed
- Support business partners to keep focussed on monthly/annual outturns ensuring a close attention to developing risks and opportunities
- Support and develop monthly trading meetings to ensure the above is fully reflected and supported by business actions
- Business Case development
- Own and maintain key product driver models ensuring they are kept up to date, fully utilised and fit for purpose
- Keep a constant view on latest outturns, key risks and opportunities and liaise with the business on developing trends and expected impacts
- Support the business by leading partners through all stages of the planning processes
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the key business drivers and of the business strategy
- Analysis & Reporting
- Ensuring P&Ls and Standard Analyses are completed, reviewed and understood in a robust and timely manner (reviewing with the control team and ensuring business input as needed).
- Develop insightful analysis over and above conventional reporting to add value to the business
- Ad hoc analysis to support business decision making and to feed into ongoing forecasting process
- Ensuring that acquisitions are fully aligned to Paypoint's management accounting and performance review processes
- Ad hoc
- As required to support shifting business requirements and broader FP&A workload
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Passed Finalist or Qualified Accountant with a recognised qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Track record in a relevant finance role with comparably high performance demands and drive for success
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel especially in the use of spreadsheets and modelling
- Experience of presenting data in a clear and precise manner to both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Proficient Powerpoint user
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to work independently and to manage competing demands
- A curious mind and a keen desire to understand the underlying drivers of business
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision or another computerised accounting system
- Well organised individual who is comfortable working to regular pressured deadlines with high attention to detail and an eye for accuracy.
- Adaptable and flexible to work to changing demands, driven to continuously improve and willing to roll sleeves up to deliver in a dynamic, fast-growing business.
- Demonstrable understanding of the key priorities for an efficient finance team.
- Innovative and analytical with the ability to proactively identify, investigate and resolve issues and in turn influence the wider business.
- A team player who is approachable, able to hold others to account to deliver to agreed timescales and communicate effectively with financial and non-financial stakeholders across the business.