Transaction Services Manager - Corporate Finance - Birmingham or Nottingham
Ideas | People | Trust
We're BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today's changing world.
We'll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients' affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they're experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details - all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you'll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We'll help you succeed
You'll be a Manager responsible for managing the delivery of projects on a day-to-day basis, and to build sustainable and profitable external and internal client relationships. You'll have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of financial due diligence for corporate, private equity or financial buyers and vendors, and/or reporting accountant work. You'll also have developed sector knowledge. You'll also:
- Project manage larger client engagements, which includes determining the project scope and resourcing requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Scope, prepare and review reports and documents using PowerPoint. Prepare and review analysis in Excel.
- Contribute to the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis, including responsibility for briefing, supervising and developing junior staff.
- Deliver complete reports that include focused conclusions and recommendations.
- Assist Partners, Directors and Associate Directors in the development of existing and new service stream practices.
When you join us, we'll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We're looking for someone with:
- Thorough working knowledge of Transaction Services activities
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Previous staff supervision or management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- For those involved in Capital Markets transactions a good knowledge of the relevant legislation.
- Self-starting individual who is comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to their continuous development.
We're in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO's core values and we're proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we'll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you'll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we've invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO's people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we'll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you'll never stop learning at BDO.
We're looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we're always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We've got a clear purpose, and we're confident in our future, because we're adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.