We have an Accounts Semi Senior opportunity with a renowned accountancy firm that would suit a part qualified ACCA/ACA accountant looking to further develop a career with a firm that offers an excellent working environment and encourages progression.
Along with a competitive salary, in line with experience, the successful candidate will benefit from mentoring and support, a flexible benefits package and access to the firm’s agile working policy.
The role will be to support managers and associate partners in the management and delivery of accounts preparation services to and OMB client portfolio.
As Accounts Semi Senior your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing statutory year end account from records from planning to completion
- Preparing accounts and tax returns for partnerships
- Managing deadlines and client expectations
- First review of statutory accounts and management accounts
- Dealing with queries from clients via email and on the phone
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns
- Some management accounts preparation and reviews
- Providing on the job training for junior members of the team
- Preparing for and visiting clients
- Involvement in the billing process monthly
We welcome applications from those with the following:
- Be ACCA/ACA/AAT part qualified with around 18 months accounts experience gained within a UK accountancy practice environment
- Experience of delegating and reviewing work of trainees within a team
- Good general IT skills, ideally with experience in using Iris, CaseWare and Sage Line 50 and cloud-based accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working towards budgets and time sheetsheets
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.