Working in our Group function You'll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care not just in the UK but around the globe.
No matter your role, You'll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day, by helping shape the strategic direction of our business around the world.
This role delivers high-quality financial insights, from core reporting and financial tracking to future planning and forecasting. By being valued Finance Business Partners, this team supports senior leadership across the Group Functions in both strategic and operational decision making. Theres variety to this role with partnering planning & reporting as well as exposure to senior leadership.
Some duties to include:
• Present and challenge to Exec level stakeholders on functions current forecast position, risks and opportunities. Help drive forward thinking and early identification of issues and information to support decisions including resource allocation and project business cases.
• Build relationships with Market Unit Finance teams to support understanding of Group Functions Finance deliverables including but not limited to, service fee recharges, allocation of overhead charges and intercompany settlements.
• Proactively provide and suggest scenario analysis and insightful reporting on the Group Functions cost base including resourcing and organisation analytics. Deliver analysis to Managers of Group Functions Finance Team to aid decision making and budget planning within Group functions.
• Quarterly, half year and full year reporting submissions for sign off to Group Reporting Team
• Oversee quarterly VAT returns and bi-annual dividend request
• Ensuring key controls are performed on a timely basis
• Review reconciliations and other outputs produced by junior members of the team
• Manage half year and year end audit queries with external auditors
• Coordinate with other finance teams including representing Group Functions Operations Team in Group Finance wide planning and reporting meetings
Qualifications, Training and Experience
• +2/3 Years PQE (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
• Good relationship building, presentation and communication skills to establish good rapport with non-financial oriented individuals and other Bupa finance teams.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, managing conflicting tasks/requests and meet strict deadlines
• Experience of monthly and statutory financial reporting and understanding of IFRS financial standards
• Experience in implementing strong financial controls and improving the efficiency of standard monthly/quarterly processes
• Good excel skills
• Proactive and curious attitude
Our benefits are designed to make health happen for our people. Viva is our global wellbeing programme and includes all aspects of our health - from mental and physical, to financial, social and environmental wellbeing. We support flexible working and have a range of family friendly benefits.
Joining Bupa in this role you will receive the following benefits and more:
• 25 days holiday per year, pro rata to your contract.
• Access to a range of services to support your physical and mental wellbeing
• Fixed term benefits allowance
• Access to our confidential employee assistance programme
• Workplace pension
• Online discounts covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and more.
Were a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. Our people are all driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We make health happen by being brave, caring and responsible in everything we do.
We encourage all of our people to “Be you at Bupa”, we champion diversity, and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. Thats why we especially encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Well make sure you are treated fairly and offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.