Amplifon Group is world leader in the distribution, fitting and personification of hearing solutions.
We operate in 26 countries, with about 20,000 employees and 9,500 shops.
We are a 2 Billion company with a startup dynamism and approach, young talents and amazing career opportunities.
At Amplifon our growth is based on Innovation, Customer centricity and Personal Impact.
In UK since 2006, our presence counts today with more than 140 stores across the whole country.
We are committed every day to help thousands of people rediscover all the emotions of sound by offering the best hearing care service and product quality.
Who are we looking for
As a Planning & Control Specialist at Manchester office, you will play a critical role in ensure financial planning processes capture and carefully estimate business impacting events. Reporting to the UK Head of Finance, you will be responsible for controlling and monitoring revenues, costs, and inventory in an accurate way to ensure the delivery of business results. Act as a key business partner, sharing financial analysis and commentaries to drive business decisions and achieve targets.
The UK Planning & Control Specialist will be in charge of:
Planning & Forecasting
- Manages 3-year plans and monthly forecasts (both at P&L and Balance Sheet level) in line with Country and Regional guidelines;
- Facilitates achievement of financial targets through a deep understanding of business/economic/environmental drivers of Actual results versus Operating Plan and Forecast;
- Completes month-end and year-end closing analysis;
- Drive financial planning processes for indirect expenses enabling a highly effective cost controlling in the country.
Finance Business Partnership
- Support Country Functions during closing, forecast and 3-year plan / budgeting process;
- Assists Country functions with Reporting and KPIs to support the achievement of financial targets, discussing and challenging the financial impacts of different business decisions and strategy;
- Ensure all local, regional and corporate reporting for the Country is completed accurately and on-time;
- Actively ensure the enhancement and compliance with laws, policies and best practices of Business Finance processes, standards and systems.
Finance Business Case
- Manages business cases analysis for major investments;
- Ensures compliance with measurement systems defined by Global in the decision process for evaluating CAPEX and investments.
- Supports Financial Controller with month end procedures including accruals, prepayments, and inter-company transactions;
- Works with Financial Controller to ensure complete and accurate accounting records;
- Monitors COGS transactions with supplier pricing vs. budget.
- Monitor inventory levels of hearing aids and accessories and advise the leadership team on inventory strategy.
- Ensure that purchasing guidelines are operated.
- Monitor and control logistics costs / inventory provision impact on the P&L.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative fields like Economics, Business Administration, or similar;
- Previous experience of analysing data and being able to make recommendations and commercial decisions based on findings;
- Expertise in management of complex structures of data and strong inclination to data analysis combined with same attention to business impacts;
- Excellent knowledge of Office package, with advanced expertise in Excel (pivot, macro, statistics formulas);
- Good grounding in accounting principles;
- ACCA/CIMA Qualified and additional European languages will be considered as a plus;
- Strong analytical skills, mathematic abilities and business acumen.
- Critical thinking, a clear and open communication, relational and team building skills.
- Teamwork attitude, ability in working and achieving results through others.
Reimbursement & Benefits
The role will be based out of our Manchester office, we will offer a permanent contract comprised of basic salary up to £50k, performance-based bonus, benefits and a hybrid working environment (9 days of remote working per calendar month).