Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vison to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do. We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG's shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group's operating companies include, but are not limited to, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
EMEA Internal Audit Office (EIA), as the Bank's third Line of Defence, and in accordance with the Global Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards (IIA Standards), provides independent assurance to the Board and Executive Management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the Bank's objectives.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
Globally 3 - Regional Heads of Data Analytics for the Americas, APAC and Tokyo
Locally - will evolve as the team expands up to current target state of 6 DA experts
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Head of Data Analytics is responsible for driving the development and adoption of Data Analytics Globally and within the EMEA Internal Audit function. Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing a strategy for the adoption of Data Analytics across the Global Internal Audit team. Including periodic refresh to drive progressive maturity of Analytics usage globally.
- Overseeing the delivery of quality analytics work in EMEA aligned with the overall strategy.
- Working closely with the EMEA Audit Portfolio leaders to identify opportunities to utilise analytics to support the design and timely delivery of audit testing.
- Designing reusable tools which facilitate repeat thematic testing of key areas
- Developing the global operating model and building out a global centre of excellence in India supported by teams based in key regions such as America, EMEA and Japan.
- Designing and implementing a continuous improvement training strategy across the Global Internal Audit teams in order to build, develop and embed Internal Audit Analytics capability.
- Developing internal networks and relationships in order to understand and develop opportunities for the utilisaiton of Analytics and Automation to support the strategic mission of MUFG Internal Audit globally.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance and automate routine activities within the Internal Audit function including routine reporting requirements, continuous monitoring and inherent risk assessments.
The Head of Data Analytics is globally accountable for working with the regional DA Heads to :
- Delivering quality analytics work in each region aligned with the overall strategy.
- Working closely with the regional Audit Portfolio leaders to identify opportunities to utilise analytics to support the design and timely delivery of audit testing.
- Implementing the global operating and resourcing models effectively
- Automating routine activities within the Internal Audit function including routine reporting requirements, continuous monitoring and inherent risk assessments in each region
- Directors are responsible for the line management of all staff allocated to their portfolio team locally and globally.
- High performing teams are expected and therefore the Directors must be equally adept in performance and talent management.
- As a senior leader within the team, high leadership standards are expected across the wider global function and bank and the role holders will be required to act as role-models for all others.
- You may be required to take lead roles in non-'BAU' strategic initiatives. You are expected to lead by example through positive and constructive behaviours and also to deliver results.
- Directors are responsible for the delivery of audit engagements assigned to them. They must demonstrate at all times a commitment to setting and realizing efficient deadlines for the completion of deliverables.
- All Audit Engagements must demonstrate appropriate coverage of the key risks and meet all Quality Assurance standards.
- The role holders are responsible for overseeing work to ensure that the department meets the required Quality standards and are expected to lead and champion methodology implementation; working actively with global colleagues where methodology adjustments may be required.
- The Director positions are senior roles within MUFG and will be representatives for the Department on a global basis.
- Attend relevant Bank forums when delegated within their portfolio responsibility; representing the department and the interests of the organisation.
- Lead relationships with key business staff (especially Execs/other Director's) and auditees within their portfolio.
- Take ownership of strategic developments globally and within EIA and assist IAD globally on this agenda.
- Work closely within the Chief Operating Officer Globally and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in EMEA and with the Head of Practices to ensure that the departmental vision and objectives, are being achieved.
- Demonstrable experience of leading the development and implementation of a Data Analytics programme within a similar sized environment. Preferably within an Internal Audit department within Financial Services.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Clear understanding and demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with others to implement change within a dynamic business environment.
- Strong technical data analytics expertise across a range of toolsets including SQL ad Python.
- Strong acumen regarding auditing methods and industry practices.
- Strong communicator, demonstrating gravitas, presence and business acumen to interact easily with Board level directors, executives and regulators.
- Ability to build and maintain external networks.
- Global perspective, demonstrating inclusiveness through appreciation of different perspectives and diversity.
- A passion for leading people and being driven to be part of a high performing team.
- Track record of consistent on-time delivery
- Qualifications reflecting suitable skills and expertise, e.g. MA in Data Science; Certified Analytics Professional (etc)
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
For Managerial/Senior roles
- A confident approach, with the ability to provide clear direction to your team
- Excellent managerial/leadership experience
- The ability to lead a high performing team
- A strategic approach, with the ability to lead and motivate your team
- The ability to articulate and implement the EIA vision/strategy
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.