Do you want to join our Geo-data revolution? Fugro's global reach and unique know-how will put the world at your fingertips. Our love of exploration and technical expertise help us to provide our clients with invaluable insights. We source and make sense of the most relevant Geo-data for their needs, so they can design, build and operate their assets more safely, sustainably and efficiently. But we're always looking for new talent to take the next step with us. For bright minds who enjoy meaningful work and want to push our pioneering spirit further. For individuals who can take the initiative but work well within a team.
Fugro have an exciting opportunity to join our Marine Site Characterisation (MSC) Team in a Cost
In this vital role for Fugro, you will provide financial oversight and business analysis to the MSC Business line in accordance with accounting guidelines and project-specific requirements.
You'll play a huge part in ensuring our projects run smoothly, safely and effectively. You'll have the chance to shape how this team delivers and progresses, continuously improving ways of working. In this role, you'll be accountable for ensuring accurate financial information is delivered to all stakeholders.
Within this role, you will report to the Business Controller within the MSC department, and will work closely with the Service Line Director, Project and Commercial Teams, and the wider Fugro Finance Team.
The role will involve:
- Financial oversight of projects within MSC, with responsibility for providing Service Line Management with accurate and timely financial information.
- Supporting budgeting, forecasting and reporting requirements relating to the Service Line.
- Ensuring integrity and accuracy of all accounting transactions relating to the Service Line.
- Act as a sounding board and business partner to the Service Line Management Team and other key stakeholders.
- Support the Project Management Team to ensure a sound project management and control culture is in place.
- Drive the monthly project reporting and project review process with support of Project Managers.
- Assisting with the preparation and monitoring of CAPEX and Working Capital management.
- Promote adherence to Revenue Recognition procedures, in compliance with Fugro policy.
- Responsible for monitoring the accuracy and upkeep of manpower and equipment rates, in compliance with Fugro Standard Business Processes.
- Any other support required by the MSC Business Controller, MSC Regional Business Controller or the Service Line Management Team.
Who we're looking for:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline OR equivalent vocational qualifications and experience.
- An Accounting Qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ICAS) is preferred but not essential.
- PC literate, particularly with strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with well developed analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet project and month end deadlines;
- Self-motivated and have the ability to use own initiative to achieve defined goals;
- Flexible and has an adaptable and proactive approach to work;
What we offer:
Fugro provides a positive work environment as well as projects that will satisfy the most curious minds. We also offer great opportunities to stretch and develop yourself. By giving you the freedom to grow faster, we think you'll be able to do what you do best, better. Which should help us to find fresh ways to get to know the earth better. We encourage you to be yourself at Fugro. So bring your energy and enthusiasm, your keen eye and can-do attitude. But bring your questions and opinions too. Because to be the world's leading Geo-data specialist, we need the strength in depth that comes from a diverse, driven team.
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally.
- Competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and the potential to work 2 days a week from home in accordance with your manager and corporate policies.
- Option to lease an electric car.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.