We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting-edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
The role sits within the Tax team and focuses on indirect tax compliance and risk management across the global business, including US sales and use tax. The role's purpose is to support the business on identifying and complying with indirect tax requirements as it continues to grow, together with managing the indirect tax risk, including supporting on tax authority audits and ensuring compliance with legislative change. It will also identify opportunities for improvement of processes and work closely with the Tax Transformation team to deliver indirect tax process improvements and automation.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with advisors to prepare and submit indirect tax returns (and any other closely associated indirect tax returns) for the UK and overseas - there may be instances where returns are prepared and filed in-house;
- Coordinate with Treasury to ensure that indirect tax payments are made on a timely basis;
- Work with Finance to ensure accurate end to end accounting, including correct tax codes, accurate balance sheet reconciliations and data integrity of information;
- Identify data risks and issues, and work with the Tax Transformation and Fintech teams to resolve the data issues;
- Work with the Tax Transformation and the broader Tax team to identify and implement improvements to indirect tax processes, including being involved in the delivery of automation projects and ensuring that indirect tax processes are up to date and documented;
- Identify potential indirect tax risks and cash savings opportunities, and lead initiative(s) to manage the risks or realise the opportunities.
- Deal with communication and queries from HMRC, and other tax authorities across Europe and the rest of the world;
- Work with the business to understand and support any business initiatives and associated change impacts from requirements through to successful implementation to ensure indirect tax compliance and accurate reporting;
- Support external auditors with providing appropriate supporting documentation, if requested; and
- Prepare (and where appropriate) deliver indirect tax training to the wider business.
We'd love to meet someone with...
- Indirect tax experience (preferably ATT or CTA qualified)
- Strong awareness of the mechanics of UK VAT, and good awareness of global indirect taxes, particularly relating to the retail e-commerce industry;
- A proven ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines;
- Advanced skills in Excel;
- A high standard of accuracy with financial data;
- An ability to organise own work and to take initiative;
- Commercial awareness;
- Good communication/interpersonal and influencing skills;
- A flexible and open to change; and
What's in it for you?
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
- ASOS Develops (personal development opportunities across the business)
- Employee sample sales
- Access to a huge range of LinkedIn learning materials
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra celebration day
- Discretionary performance related bonus scheme
- Private medical care scheme
- Flexible benefits allowance - which you can choose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That's why we're committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how're we doing it?
We're proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We've also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
We have several employee networks that operate as safe spaces, to help support and celebrate our people, find out more here.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an assessment or you have requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email or phone, whatever works best for you. It's also our policy to interview all candidates with a disability who meet the minimum requirements for roles they have applied to.
If you have any questions about the policies we have in place to support our employees (e.g. our parental leave approach), just let our Talent team know.