Who we are
We are not your average insurance company; in fact, we strive to be different. What you will find is a welcoming culture, a clear vision and teams of passionate people doing their best for our customers.
LV= GI is a large, multi-award-winning general insurance company, with nearly 7 million customers and aspirations for future growth. Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.Role Description
As part of the insurer’s ambition to extend its UK presence, the personal lines business will rebrand its existing digital motor insurance product from Flow to Allianz in March, signalling a major branding step for the business. The product, rated 5 stars by Defaqto, will remain available to customers direct and through aggregators.
Flow won best motor insurance provider at the 2023 Insurance Choice awards.
This has created a fantastic opportunity for a new Flow Head Of Trading to join the our family of talented people in the General Insurance Flow Team.
The Flow Head of Trading will be accountable for all aspects of trading within the Flow business.
Our Ways of Working
- Accountable the trading of the business. Key P&L metrics including elements such as Claims ratio, GWP (including add-on revenue), Customer service and satisfaction (including NPS), Deputise for Flow Commercial Director when required
- Work closely with the pricing and Underwriting team to deliver key metrics
- Owning the trading budget, managing costs and FTE inline with plan
- Work closely with Finance to manage P&L performance
- Continual improvement of the customer experience to improve the customer experience and drive down cost
- Product propositions
- Building relationships with Internal and External delivery partners including PCWs
- Working closely with the other Flow areas to ensure plan delivery
- Accountable for all aspects of team management including effective performance management, day to day management and the delivery of effective cascade communications. Creating a culture that focuses on the “How” as much as the “What”, driving appropriate challenge and pace.
- Drives the Engage agenda towards building a high performing team who feel highly valued and motivated.
- Takes leadership responsibility for managing, coaching and developing the team including initiation, monitoring, review and validation of individual learning and development plans.
- Leads on team recruitment, managing balance between contract and permanent resource to deliver optimum performance within agreed budget.
- Ensure compliance with the rules & requirements of the FSA and any other relevant legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks, including the TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) framework
- Demonstrates themselves as an authentic people leader prepared to challenge the status quo to bring about process improvements for better quality outcomes as well as creating a more challenging and rewarding environment for their team.
The role will be based at our LVGI London office. Our office with flex model means that you will have the opportunity to work from home for up to 3 days per week and come into our office for 2 days - longer if you prefer to work in an office.
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
We are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.About you
You will have experience in a Financial Service Environment with General insurance experience an advantage.
You will have experience of delivery in a people management role including building not only functional capability, but developing a culture of continuous development and role model behaviours.
Strong leadership and influencing skills working up to Executive level. Seen as an expert whose advice influences decision making at senior levels with regard to company strategy, approach and recommendations.
Excellent communication skills with well-structured and consistently professional quality and ability to construct and deliver presentations and option papers at Executive and Board level
Understanding complex issues, and able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills with ability to apply thinking to change scenarios when required.
You will have the ability to work in a matrix management environment, working across organisational boundaries with great stakeholder management, communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
High level of abstract thinking skills and ability to take the ‘big picture view’ and identify linkages and dependencies between projects.
You will have performance, line management and organisational skills with a demonstrable track record of building high performing teams utilising their strong planning and prioritisation skills and ability to deliver effectively through collaborative working, appropriate delegation and leadership. What we can offer you
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider LV=GI Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
Our Purpose and Values
- 30 days' holiday
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- ElectriX EV salary sacrifice scheme
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
We secure your future Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of LV= GI. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.Diversity & Inclusion
At LV=GI we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. We are EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We recognise the strength of neurodiversity in the workplace, and the far-reaching benefits of embracing a spectrum of thinking styles and innovative capabilities. We proudly welcome applications from neurodivergent and disabled candidates, and can offer tailored adjustments to remove barriers and set you up for success in your career.
At LV=GI, we encourage our people to advocate for what they need, we listen, and we act - this could include providing assistive technology, ergonomic specialist equipment, mentoring and coaching, or flexibility in the way you work, among a wide range other adjustments.