Are you an Internal Auditor who's ready for their next challenge? Do you want to work FTSE 100 company that is a market leader in the UK's drive to net zero?
We are seeking a Business Auditor to join our Global Audit team!
Conducting Audits across the businesses and operations of National Grid, you'll provide independent assurance on the design and effectiveness of processes and controls which mitigate significant business risk. You'll provide recommendations to drive effective and efficient controls and processes leveraging best practices to support the business in its focus on continuous improvement.
Executing a programme of audits, you'll focus on agility and innovation, adding value and timely delivery. You'll maintain high quality audit documentation and produce a summary of issues (SOI) reports and draft audit reports communicating key findings and recommendations.
Owning and managing a portfolio of audit actions being worked on by business and on business completion, you'll track, update, and assess the status of remediation and effectiveness of activities undertaken to address the risks identified. You'll proactively look for areas of improvement during the audit process and provide value adding and insightful recommendations that address control and process opportunities/ weaknesses.
This role is based out of our Warwick office, and we'd hope to see you at least two days per week but you're welcome to be in the office more often if that would work best for you. We're happy to discuss any additional flexibility in working patterns or requirements that you feel could help to make this job work for you!
What You'll Have:
- Strong Internal Audit experience, with proven track record for delivering audits within multinational utility/asset management companies or operations/ functional experience from utility/ assessment management companies.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and SOx compliance requirements.
- Good knowledge and understanding of audit delivery and practices, internal control frameworks and risk management activities and skill in applying internal auditing principles and practices.
- Demonstrated track record of developing successful, long lasting, relationships across the business including ability to engage, challenge and influence senior managers, deal effectively with resistance to proposals and secure their buy-in and support.
- Strong knowledge of and experience of business processes, ideally within the utility sector.
- Knowledge of current trends within the energy industry and developments in legislation and regulation.
- Experience of managing project teams, managing others and projects independently. Project management qualification desirable.
- Knowledge of data analytics (ACL, PowerBI) and process improvement methodologies (Lean/Six Sigma) are highly desirable.
- A CPA/CA, CIA or CISA qualification is a plus!
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At National Grid, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for everyone. So, if you're excited about this role but your experience or qualifications don't match the exactly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right person for our growing business in this role or another one.
What You'll Get:
£60,000 - £65,000 per annum - dependent on experience.
- Up to 15% Annual Bonus (based on personal and company performance)
- 28 days annual leave, plus eight statutory days in addition
- The option to buy additional or sell holiday days every year.
- A generous contributory pension scheme - we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions.
- Life Insurance 10 x base salary.
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days).
- Access to apps which support health, fitness, and wellbeing.
This is a hybrid working role from Warwick, with circa 2 days in the office. The closing date for this vacancy is sun 11 Feb '24, with interviews due to take place w/c 19 Feb onwards. We encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid's recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry. To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Inclusion and Diversity is not just about race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. It is about our employees who wake up every day to serve our 20 million customers. At National Grid, we aim to create an environment where everyone is welcomed for who they are and where our differences are not only accepted but are celebrated. We understand the value that a diverse team can add to our organisation and that is why we model inclusive behavior starting with senior leadership. National Grid utilises the insights of our employees that come from all different cultures, backgrounds, and beliefs to better serve our customers and communities who are in the fore front of everything we do.