About the team
The Mortgage Product and Proposition team designs and launches all the mortgages products offered by the Group. Having a reputation for excellence, this is an ideal role for someone looking to take a step into a specialist team where individuals can take on responsibility and have an opportunity to stand out.
The OSB Group is a FTSE 250 specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market.
Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB's unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.
Alongside passion for our products and customers, we're passionate about our people and want to continue building a collaborative and engaging environment. Being dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we encourage differences and recognise that individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights and enhance the way we work. This is supported by our Diversity, Community and Environment Employee Engagement Networks and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter and Women in Leadership Programme.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will have the opportunity to undertake mortgage product related processes, change and projects across the Bank ensuring processes and change are implemented effectively, efficiently and are in line with the Mortgage Proposition strategy, as well as achieving the right customer outcomes.
In this new and varied role you will undertake a range of mortgage product related administration activities and support the wider Mortgage Product and Proposition team whilst having the opportuntity to become involved in a number of exciting long term projects across the business.
The role will be based in Chatham and will also involve travel to other OSB Group locations as required.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Ensuring that all assigned tasks and enquires relating to mortgage products and launches are dealt with promptly and efficiently and in accordance with the bank's service standards.
- Constantly monitoring and responding to team emails and inboxes to ensure SLAs are met and ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Co-ordination of rate change activity for across Precise, Kent Reliance and InterBay brands.
- Responsible for keying new products onto relevant systems across Precise, Kent Reliance and InterBay brands.
- Responsible for configuring products across Precise, Kent Reliance and InterBay brands
- Responsible for validating and updating external data regarding products and criteria for all mortgage operations activity.
- First point of contact for all internal stakeholders with regards to product build related enquiries
In return for your commitment
We offer a base salary dependent on experience from £25,000-£28,000 and a competitive benefits package including:
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 12.5%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Maternity & Adoption Leave - Occupational Maternity/Adoption Pay provided at 100% of salary for the first 13 weeks and at 50% of salary for the next 13 week period.
- Paternity Leave - 4 weeks of paid leave to be taken within 8 weeks of childbirth.
- Additional benefits such as Hybrid working, Cycle Purchase scheme, Technology Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals, Payroll giving and Save as you Earn scheme.
Could you be the one?
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience and knowledge set out below:
- Previous experience in Financial Services
- Intermediate level of knowledge re use of Excel, Word & PowerPoint is essential
- Determination to learn, develop new skills & self-motivation is essential
- GSCE/GCE qualifications in both Maths and English are essential
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, please apply now! For internal applications please visit the internal careers page to apply.
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat please get in touch. Contact details can be found on our careers page.
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
OSB Group are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and committed to treating all our employees and job applicants equally. We embrace equal opportunities and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
As part of our public commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, we have introduced our own initiatives to attract, develop and advance senior women in our sector. We don't stop there though, we have broadened our approach to encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels and in all roles. Our leadership and Executive Committee are right behind us, to the extent that our Diversity Champions sit at Board level and on a monthly basis receive updates on our progress.
Whilst we are an organisation that values face-to-face interaction to build and nourish our culture, we also acknowledge that people are not just productive in an office and tied to the 9 to 5. Flexible-working opportunities are important for establishing a healthy work-life balance so if you see a role of interest we are happy to be asked about flexibility and explore together if we can make it work.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.