Financial Crime Advisory
As a Barclays Financial Crime Advisory, you will work within the Corporate and Investment Bank Financial Crime Execution Team. This is an opportunity for you to support the front office business with expertise in policy and regulation across Corporate & Investment banking and the Payments industries. You will primarily be responsible in handling Transaction Monitoring Risk Assessment, Client Risk Rating Methodology, and Threat Matrix, which involves working with 1st and 2nd line colleagues to comprehend the financial crime risk horizon.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Conducting an independent review of Transaction Monitoring risk assessment on behalf of the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)
- Owning the client the risk assessment methodology globally for the CIB including regulatory engagement as SME where required
- Owning the Threat Matrix for CIB, which will involve working closely with compliance and front-line teams on detailed horizon scanning
- Providing SME advice and direction on financial crime matters to the front office, including matters related to money laundering, bribery and corruption, and sanctions
- Enabling an effective working relationship between the front office and our colleagues in the second line of defence in Financial Crime Compliance
- Ensuring that all advice, activities and duties executed by CIB FCE are consistent and compliant with regulatory requirements
- Fostering partnerships with internal and external stakeholders - including regulatory and industry bodies - to ensure the highest standards of practice
- Reviewing and challenging financial crime control environment and risk assessments undertaken by CIB FCE
What we're looking for:
- Experience in Financial Crime in a global financial institution.
- Technical knowledge of financial crime
- Experience of working in complex matrix structure that require good stakeholder management
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Advanced degree level education and a good academic track record
- Experience contributing to strategic direction incorporating a Values-aligned performance culture
- Experience focusing on developing and implementing consistent risk and control global frameworks within an organization
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.