About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has around 21,000 employees, sales of € 4.9 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.
Voith Group is hiring for:
Payroll Specialist II
York, PA HYBRID
Interested to learn about Voith? Check out our video "Voith careers" on YouTube.
Reasons you'll love working here:
- Flexibility with Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- 401K with generous company match
- Climate-Neutral Footprint Worldwide
- Tuition reimbursement
Are you looking to join a dynamic and energetic team with an amazing work environment where you can really shine?
A Payroll Specialist is a professional who is responsible for processing all aspects of payroll, including providing excellent customer service to the employees. They work closely with different departments to increase performance and ensure smooth operations. They will use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency with a great deal of understanding with this level of sensitive information. They also have great communication skills to interact with colleagues as this role will work closely with the rest of the payroll team ensuring processes are properly documented and followed.
We are looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the company's payroll. You will be the one to gather payroll data and administer accurate payments.
The goal is to ensure personnel receives the correct compensation in a timely manner. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for accurately and timely processing of payrolls for both exempt and non-exempt employees. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing US payrolls in a manufacturing and services company including knowledge on the following:
- U.S. multi-state tax processing
- Garnishment withholding/reporting
- Union Dues processing
- Benefits and voluntary deduction processing
- Validating and entering Employee Changes within the payroll system
- Understanding of Time and Attendance systems
- Subject matter expert on all payroll processes and procedures, including but not limited to, off-cycle payrolls, retro-active payments, documenting and updating procedures, etc.
- Run and review payroll reports for accuracy and contact various location personnel for clarification when needed. Import and export interface files and correct out of balance situations.
- Ensure Voith is compliant with federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Stay current on payroll laws that could have an impact on our business.
- Answer all G/L related questions pertaining to payroll process/accounts.
- Works closely with the Payroll team, Accounting Team, HR Business Partners, Field Services, Shop Supervision and Department Management
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and time sensitive environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must possess a high level of confidentiality
- Detail oriented, well organized, high degree of accuracy
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years of experience in HRIS/Payroll data
- Competent computer skills in MS Office
- Working knowledge of Success Factors - Employee Central and ADP/eTime is a plus
- Multi-State Payroll Processing
- Union Payroll Processing
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- This is not all encompassing, however, is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.
Voith US Inc. is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry including people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), Veterans, people of any age or family status. We embrace the competitive advantage that diversity brings and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive of thought and talent.