Corporation Tax Senior Manager
As a Barclays Corporation Tax Senior Manager, you will be part of the team responsible for corporation tax planning, forecasting, reporting, compliance, risk management and resolution of issues with HMRC. Within the team there is an interesting and constantly changing mix of work. Time is spent on both business-as-usual activities and ad-hoc projects that are driven by changes within Barclays. Your role will involve working within a team of circa 25 corporation tax specialists, across corporation tax forecasting, reporting and compliance.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Providing insight and analysis and on a variety of technical areas: share based payments, pensions, fixed assets, capital gains, controlled foreign companies and group relief
- Taking full ownership of the calculations for your allocated technical areas for the entities within the UK Group
- Ensuring that Barclays is taking the correct tax positions in our returns in the current and prior years while ensuring that we are consistent with our Group tax principles
- Being responsible for specific inputs into the preparation of the annual corporation tax return for Barclays Bank PLC, which is prepared by the Corporation Tax team
- Driving the continuous improvement and documentation of corporation tax compliance processes and control
- Reviewing and signing off of corporation tax returns of a portfolio of UK tax resident entities, prepared by an outsourced service provider, ensuring that these are in line with agreed policies
- Leading on elements of the corporation tax forecasting and stress testing processes on key technical areas to ensure that we are accurately anticipating future impacts of technical positions
- Providing support for the quarterly and year-end tax reporting processes as required; driving continuous improvement and documentation of corporation tax reporting and forecasting
What we're looking for:
- Undergraduate Degree
- ACA /CTA (or local country equivalent)
- Experience of tax compliance /tax reporting processes and practical experience of applying UK tax legislation to a complex group
- Experience /awareness of issues affecting a financial services groups or large UK headquartered multi-national businesses
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to work in a large team and to interact with other teams outside Tax
- Ability to undertake tax analysis and prepare tax workings covering a range of UK tax technical areas
- Ability to drive improvements in processes, mentor and develop more junior members of the team
- Willingness to work flexibly and respond to constantly changing priorities
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.